We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Visa

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
Tourist Visa

Hello everybody

I am planning to visit India especially the TAJ Mahal.

1. How can i get the visa?

2. How much?

3. How many days processing?

4. What is the best time to visit india/

Best regards,

Jan

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Visa

You need to contact the Indian embassy in Qatar to answer your visa questions. The best time to visit India is now till March.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,374 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Visa

Hi,

You can get the Visa by applying at the Indian Consulate/Embassy in Qatar. They will give you the visa fees and processing time. The best time to visit India is October to March.

http://www.indianembassyqatar.org/ => Check Consular section for visa information.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Visa

Thank you Guys,

One more think how far is Nagaland from delhi?..

Jan

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,374 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Visa

Nagaland is very far from Delhi at the eastern end of the country. You require a separate permit called a Restricted Area Permit to visit Nagaland. You can apply for the same at the time of applying for your visa. Without this permit, you will not be allowed to visit Nagaland.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Visa

Thanks brave 1 for the info..

Regards,

JAn

Edited: 27 November 2011, 00:57
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist Visa

Hello Jan,

You do not need a permit to visit Nagaland. Protected Area permit is lifted for Nagaland in jan2011 for flow of foreign tourist. you are welcome to visit Nagaland.

let me know if you plan to visit, you can also find out from Nagaland House Delhi in Aurangzeb road.

visit www.explorenagalnd.com for more info.

hope it helps.

cheers!!

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist Visa

Naga girl .. Thank you very much... i am planing to come maybe next year . as i want to visit Taj Mahal too. then after i have to go nagaland.. Anways how can i reach Nagaland...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist Visa

hi,

You can fly from Delhi to Guwahati and take the train to Dimapur which is the gateway to Nagaland or you can also fly Delhi - Kolkata - Dimapur. There'll be flights from Guwahati - Dimapur as well.

There are trains from Delhi - Guwahati - Dimapur.

Once you are in Dimapur, Kohima the state capital is 74kms/ 2 hrs drive from Dimapur, there are buses and shared taxis available in Dimapur.

Let me know when you plan to come as the best time of the year is from oct - april.

Do visit www.explorenagaland.com for more info.

Cheers!!

nagagirl

9. Re: Tourist Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2016, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Nagaland