We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orissa - Foreign Tourist Permit

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Orissa - Foreign Tourist Permit

Hi can you tell me if a foreigner requires a tourist permit to enter Orissa? If so how do you obtain it?

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,254 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orissa - Foreign Tourist Permit

Hi Mary, the TripAdvisor Support Forum was set up to ask general questions on how to use the TripAdvisor website, how to find things on it and how to use its many features.

You should post your question on the Orissa forum, which is (click on the blue link) here:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g297660-i9181-O…

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orissa - Foreign Tourist Permit

Moved to Orissa forum.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orissa - Foreign Tourist Permit

Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orissa - Foreign Tourist Permit

Thanks

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
12,401 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orissa - Foreign Tourist Permit

Hi

There is nothing like tourist permit in orrisa.If you are in india with proper visa,you can visit orrisa.

Thanx

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Orissa - Foreign Tourist Permit

second that, a valid Indian visa will do.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Orissa - Foreign Tourist Permit

Please correct me, if I'm wrong. This was in news, a year or few months back, at the time of Posco-Plant-issue was going on in Odisha: Media reported that all the oppose and strike from local people, against the Nuclear Plant, was organized and funded by some foreign NGOs and Central Government had to intervene and blacklisted those NGOs and sent back all the foreign nationals who was associated with those NGOs or strike. I even read somewhere that there will be some kind of restraining order for foreign nationals visiting Odisha because of this incident. But I'm not sure whether it has been implemented or not.

Happyness.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,747 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orissa - Foreign Tourist Permit

Hi,

Welcome to India. You will not need any special tourist permit to visit Odisha, as long as you have valid Indian Visa.

CarLink

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi
Level Contributor
12,401 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orissa - Foreign Tourist Permit

@inpersuitofhappyness

It may be correct that due to agitation state gov may have returned foreighners assosiated with agitating groups.State gov has power to order persons leave the state who presence in state may bring law and order disterb but as for tourist no provission of special permit has been started yet.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orissa - Foreign Tourist Permit

Many thanks.