We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Accommodations

Hi. I'm hoping someone will be able to help on an accommodation inquiry. My husband is traveling to Bhubaneswar for 3 weeks to a month between Oct & Nov for work. It will be his first trip to India. He will most likely have to return in January for another month, & I may accompany him for part of the trip then.

He's narrowed hotels down to two, between Trident & Mayfair Lagoon. He's also wondering if there is any opportunity to rent a private Villa or a home. He'd be looking for something with the same 4 to 5 star quality as the hotels mentioned above. If anyone could direct me to a website where I could research this, or if you have any personal experience to share with this type of accommodation it would be much appreciated.

Also, while he's excited to try Indian food, he's wondering if anyone could recommend Western style food places where he may be able to get food similar to North America.

Thanks for any help!

Sadie

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations

The Mayfair looks prettier but The Trident is better managed. You could also think of the Swosti but for staying in your comfort zone with regard to food, Trident would be the best bet

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations

Thank you for that. I thought Trident may be better but he was leaning towards Mayfair. I think he read there were several restaurants at the Mayfair so he thought that aspect may be better for a longer stay.

If anyone has any other insight or info with respect to alternative housing or western style food available in the area it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sadie

3. Re: Accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2013, 10:17