We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Orissa

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Orissa

Myself along with my family, my parents, my in-laws and my father's elder brother and his wife are travelling to Orissa (Bhubaneswar-Konark-Puri) for 4 days. Can anyone suggest us where to stay for pure vegeterian hotel accommodation? All of them are above 60 except myself, my wife and my two kids. Also i will be thankful if you can suggest which places to go in the three cities.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,365 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Orissa

It can be as follows -

Day1 Arr Bhubaneswar, transfer to Puri. Check-in hotel.

Day2 Early morning Jagannath Darshan. Enjoy the sea. After lunch - Konark,

Day3 After breakfast check-out, sightseeing - Dhabalgiri, Pipli, Udai/ Khandgiri, Lingraj Temple, Nandan Kanan and overnight at Bhubaneswar.

Day4 Return journey.

Hotels can be suggested as per budget.

Edited: 13 September 2012, 07:38
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Orissa

hi CRCMurthy,

if you are travelling by train from Howrah , you can directly reach Puri. no need to do a break journey in Bhubaneswar. if you are flying in, then you can stay at bhubaneswar for 2 days .no need to go to Puri the same day with aged people. take rest on your arrival day and next day you can visit all the places mentioned above for day3.

3 rd day you can move to Puri and enjoy the beach during day time and visit the temple in the evening to watch the evening Arati and Flag swap.

next day also you can visit the temple and offer your puja, early morning .

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Orissa

Thank you both for the replies. I will be arriving from Kolkata while my parents and other elderly people will arrive from Hyderabad to Bhubaneswar. Iam looking for a clean Vegeterian hotel for stay for all of us within a range starting from 600-1000 INR. I heard of some hotels like venu's inn to be good. Is it suggestable for us to stay there? Or if you know any good hotels other then that please let me know. I will be really thankful to know. Since kids are also there the hotel should be clean and neat.

Thank you in advance

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,365 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Orissa

Have'nt ever heard of this hotel. However, don't expect much in that tariff range.

Edited: 16 September 2012, 06:38
Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Orissa

Thank you for the quick reply. What will be the idle tariff for a decent Veg hotel?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,365 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Orissa

It may be Rs.1200-1500. Try Birla Guest House on New Marine Drive or Sri Balananda Ashram on Beach Road. Both are exclusively for vegetarian and overlooking the sea.

Edited: 16 September 2012, 10:56
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Orissa

Balananda is extremely cheap and apt for you . Veg food , right in front of the sea and very clean.

Bhubaneswar, India
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Orissa

He. Birla Guest house is best option and also you can try Goudiya Mattha on Grand Road, if you want to stay near the Temple.

Chandannagar, West...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Orissa

Can u give the kolkata booking tel no of Birla Guest House and its location?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,365 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to Orissa

You may enquire in Birla Brothers, Nilhat House, R.N. Mukherjee Road, BBD Bag, Kolkata 1.

Edited: 29 September 2012, 04:30