We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather around Christmas

Notts UK
Level Contributor
532 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Weather around Christmas

Hi

I will be in Delhi and Rajasthan late December this year. What type of weather can I expect? Is rain likely and what are the average day and nightime temperatures?

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather around Christmas

December is known as cold month of the years around Delhi and Rajasthan, late night and early mornings are chilly and some time wind makes it more cold.

there are no rain likely in general, weather during the day is very pleasant, day temp. can go around 28-32 and at night it drops down to 8 degrees.

in desert or out of towns some time drops even more to 4-5 degree.

warm clothing are recommended for travel during this time.

Cheers.

Guidedesert.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather around Christmas

Delhi and Agra get foggy due to the river valley mists that envelope North India this time of the year. Temperatures are cold in the night and comfortable in the day. Check this website for temperatures - http://www.weather.nic.in/current.htm

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather around Christmas

This is a happy surprise. I expected temperatures tom max 20-21 degrees in late December. I was even told that at Ranthambhore NP temperatures average 8 degrees!

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather around Christmas

Although it can be a bit foggy as suggested by my fellow posters above.....I think it would be just about the best time to travel.....cause the afternoons would be nice and cool.....the mornings can be foggy....but I am sure you will enjoy it....if you can delay your plans to February....it would be the best possible time.....

Sunil

5. Re: Weather around Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 06:31