We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments on my car/driver quotes

St-lambert
Level Contributor
947 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Comments on my car/driver quotes

Hello

Just got a quote for 15 days/around 2700 Km for Rajasthan (Delhi to Delhi) for only car/driver with a Indigo car.

I was quoted 66000 Rupees.

Does this sounds good.

Regard

Sylvain

Udaipur
Level Contributor
387 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments on my car/driver quotes

Hi Sylvain

Are you sure you received Just for the Car and Driver for Rs.66,000 or Approx USD 1,300.

IF yes then Cost is Very High.

Try taking quote from www.ratorajasthan.org wherenumerous reliable service providers are there to help you out

Cheers

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments on my car/driver quotes

Take my advice, invest in a better bigger car. It is worth the leg space, driving comfort and additional safety. If you want a rough rule of thumb to apply, try 12 rupees per km x 250 kms per day for an Innova.

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
468 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Comments on my car/driver quotes

roughly Indigo A\C car,english speaking and hostile driver - 8 Rupees\per-km 250km\per day+ taxes.

RATO Rajasthan is place for quote and itinerary suggestion www.ratorajasthan.com

your query will hit all members in one.

cheers.

Guidedesert.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comments on my car/driver quotes

Who wants a hostile driver on a tour ???

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,476 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comments on my car/driver quotes

Might be a good idea to put him up against the touts in Agra. ;-)

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comments on my car/driver quotes

Well Said Brave1....

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comments on my car/driver quotes

Sounds very high. We paid much less than that for the much bigger Toyota Innova. I suggest you get a quote from a reputable Rajasthan based travel agent (TGS springs to mind). I also suggest you use an Innova. The journey are long and you will appreciate the space. Plus you will find that might is right on the Indian roads and you will feel marginally safer in a larger car.

St-lambert
Level Contributor
947 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Comments on my car/driver quotes

Hello

Great info, in order to get a feeling how much should it cost, as per your input, it should be around 47000 Rupees for me. So a Toyota Innova is OK for a single traveller, I'm 1m85 Height and 100 Kilos,it is not worth to go for a smaller car ?

Other info I need to know what is included in the price, I know, fuel/parking/state license/fee for the driver is in the price ?

Merci

Sylvain

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Comments on my car/driver quotes

For an Innova think Renault Espace. The version we had, had three rows of seats, each with two seats, but we saw another version with bench seats which I think would accomodate 8.

You may think this is too much for one person, but given the relatively low cost and the state of driving in India, personally I would go for the bigger vehicle even if I was on my own!!

Regarding what is included in the price, everything should be. Driver's pay, food and accomodation; petrol; tolls. The only extra is a tip for the driver. You will find much on Tripadvisor and elsewhere on how much to tip the driver and whether to tip everyday or at the end. There seems to be general agreement that the range for tipping is 100 to 300 Rs per day. If you tip too high it will spoil it for people coming later.

Delhi
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Comments on my car/driver quotes

Hi, 66000 for a 15 days Rajasthan with a Tata Indigo is way to high. Expect to pay average 2000 INR per day for Ambassador or Indigo AC and driver, including 250 km. per day. You can check out: www.gajrajtravels.com, they are very reliable.

Regards