We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many nights Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur

New Mexico
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How many nights Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur

I'll be in India for one month BUT will be visiting the above cities for one week. I'm having trouble figuring out how many nights in each. I will be flying between cities and all departures will be late afternoon flights. So I will arrive in each city around 6 pm and leave around 3 pm. I will have one extra day to spend in one of these cities. Does Jaipur warrant more time than Udaipur? I've read the shopping in Jaipur is great, but maybe the scenery and tranquility is better in Udaipur? Or maybe Jodhpur is the place to spend more time?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many nights Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur

Jaipur - 2 days

Jodhpur - One day is sufficient

Udaipur - May give 3 days............

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,184 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many nights Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur

Youre on a pretty tight schedule..I would give the extra day to Jaipur. Also avoid the flight Jodhpur to Udaipur and drive this route. You must visit Ranakpur en route.

Surat, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many nights Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur

By all means, Udaipur!

Jaipur perhaps has more to see and do, but Udaipur is a better experience. Udaipur is more or less free from aggressive touts and similar irritants, and has charm. Jaipur is the state capital, an industrial city, and is part of the much -hyped Golden Triangle of Indian Tourism.

If you have two days to spare, consider a trip to Jaisalmer from Jodhpur, with a stay in tents at the sand dunes of Sam. Or drive from Udaipur to Jodhpur (280 Kms), with a stop at the beautiful temple site od Ranakpur (roughly midway).

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many nights Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur

In my opinion give more time to Jaipur than either Jodhpur or Udaipur. Most of what Udaipur has to offer can be experienced in one day and one night, the same can be said for Jodhpur, but Jaipur you need at least two days to see all the sights. If you have one week, I would recommend stopping at Ranakpur on the way between Udaipur and Jodhpur and also visiting the Kumbulgarh (sorry for spelling) fort. While in Jodhpur you could go to Osian and experience a day (and night if you wish) in a typical desert community with the Hacra organisation. Highly recommended.

Agra, India
Level Contributor
750 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many nights Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur

I would second Tim's opinion and say Jaipur.....It has more to see and do in....although my favorite city in Rajasthan is Udaipur but I would say Jaipur.....

Happy Traveling.....

Sunil

6. Re: How many nights Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2010, 05:17