We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour operator for sightseeing/road transport-north India

Wiltshire, Uk
Level Contributor
13 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Tour operator for sightseeing/road transport-north India

We have booked our flights to Delhi at end of March and I am happy to book hotels in the places we wish to visit which include - Udaipur, Jaipur, Agra, Bandavargh, Khajuraho, Shimla and Delhi.

I am also OK to book some rail journeys and any internal flights.

What we need is a reputable English speaking tour guide at the various locations to take us sightseeing in a comfortable vehicle and to do the drop offs and pick up at the railway stations and airports and also to get us overland where applicable.

Any advice welcomed.

One last question - Ranthambore or Bandavargh - we like all wildlife and safari type experiences, but of course would love to see the tigers!

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour operator for sightseeing/road transport-north India

You can book transport and guides in Rajasthan through the Rajasthan Association of Tour Operator members thru the website www.ratorajasthan.org

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour operator for sightseeing/road transport-north India

I can totally recommend TGS Tours and Travel, who are based in Rajasthan. We used them this year and their patience with my endless questions and their professionalism while we were in country could not be faulted. Send me a PM if you want more information.

Wiltshire, Uk
Level Contributor
13 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour operator for sightseeing/road transport-north India

Thank you, I have asked a few for quotes, including TGS Tours as recommended below.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
185 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour operator for sightseeing/road transport-north India

Hi Bonnes,

Try Gets Holidays , they are based in Delhi and have offices around Rajasthan, very good company and not too expensive also. i was dealing with a person called Samir. his contact details if I am not wrong are +91-98100 36506 samir@getsholidays.com or sameer@getsholidays.com

Edited: 14 January 2010, 09:44
Wiltshire, Uk
Level Contributor
13 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour operator for sightseeing/road transport-north India

Thanks, will also ask them for a quote.

6. Re: Tour operator for sightseeing/road transport-north India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2010, 05:18