We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiger Tourism Ban

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Tiger Tourism Ban

I just read a post on the Madhya Pradesh forum, which I have then checked in the London Times timesonline.co.uk/tol/…article7109878.ece that the Indian Government is to ban all tourism in the core areas of all National Parks containing Tigers.

Presumably this will include Ranthambore.

Can anyone throw any light on the timing of this and also an Indian based source which may contain more information than the short article in the Times.

London
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiger Tourism Ban

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293860-i511-k35…

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiger Tourism Ban

Here's what I think is the latest:

Jairam Ramesh said Wednesday.

“My attention has been drawn to some news reports that the ministry is planning a ban on tourism in tiger reserves. I would like to state categorically that there is no such proposal. But in 39 tiger reserves in the country, tourism will be strictly regulated,”

So no Tiger Tourism Ban, but tighter regulation. Reading the article he seems to have his eyes set on Corbett in particular and the excessive development around the park.

telegraphindia.com/1100505/jsp/nation/story_…

thaindian.com/newsportal/enviornment/no-move…

3. Re: Tiger Tourism Ban

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 04:16