We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for best websites for booking of hotels

Singapore
Level Contributor
185 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for best websites for booking of hotels

Hi

I am in the midst of planning a year end trip to Rajasthan, Varanasi & Delhi.

Which are the best websites (in terms of pricing & reliability) for booking hotels at these locations.

Thanks

singapore
Level Contributor
372 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for best websites for booking of hotels

No particular centralized site is good enough.Search about good hotels in a location , then go to hotel's own website for booking.Dont rely on centralized site, either they will charge you more or wont give you choices or will dupe you.

makemytrip.com

yatra.com

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for best websites for booking of hotels

If you know the Hotel name then you can direct book with hotel.

Cheers !

3. Re: Looking for best websites for booking of hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 July 2010, 14:05
Maidenhead
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for best websites for booking of hotels

You are already on the best website for booking hotels.

Decide your dates, and destinations, then ask on TA for advise as to where would suit you best.

Then book direct with your new well informed knowledge of hotels and resorts in that particular area.

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for best websites for booking of hotels

As has already been said, most hotels are not on any of the major hotel booking sights. Communicated by email directly or use and Indian Agent to book.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for best websites for booking of hotels

Best to book directly with hotels or tour operators based in Rajasthan. For Rajasthan you search for Rajasthan tour operator recommendations on these forums.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for best websites for booking of hotels

you may get basic information about the hotels through different website ... you may check cleartrip,makemytrip,hotels.com etc tariff and facilities ... and go through the TA Review..

Weatherford, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for best websites for booking of hotels

I was in Rahasthan in Oct. 2009 and loved it so much I went back again in Oct. 2010. I would be a little wary of booking on my own in India but maybe that's just my insecurity as a woman traveling alone. Both times I used V Care Tours and Travels and had a wonderful experience. Great guides, hotels, cars, drivers and sights all according to my interests and budget. Owner Deepak will be able to give you honest answers should you decide to seek a tour company specializing in Rajasthan. Have a wonderful trip!

9. Re: Looking for best websites for booking of hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2011, 05:17