We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Itinerary Please!!!!!

San Diego...
7 posts
Save Topic
Help with Itinerary Please!!!!!

Hi, I will be coming from Nepal with two weeks to try to do the following: Agra, Varanassi, Khajuraho, Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodphur, Pushkar (camel fest), possibly Jaisalmer but can skip for time constraints and if i get a good camel safari in Jodphhur...Possibly to Mumbai for flight to HCMC...I will have done a month of volunteer service in Nepal so a little comfort in travel along this trip would be welcome..Thanks for any advice!!!!

San Diego...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Itinerary Please!!!!!

actually i will not be there for camel fair - will be there last two weeks in oct. so i will skip pushkar and do jaisalmer...but in what order?

Jaipur
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Itinerary Please!!!!!

Nepal Varanasi drive 10 Hours

Varanasi Agra Overnight Train

Agra Jaipur Train

Jaipur Udaipur Train

Udaipur Jodhpur Via ( Ranakpur & Kumbalgarh Car

Jodhpur - Jaisalmer Car

Jaisalmer 2 Days camel trek

Jaisalmer - Jodhpur car

Jodhpur flight to Mumbai.

Also the above mentioned Tour Plan from Agra To Jodhpur can be done by hiring a car and drive.

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Itinerary Please!!!!!

For a desert experience near Jodhpur, check out www.hacra.org. We had a great time with Gemar and he gets consistently good reviews on this forum.

San Diego...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Itinerary Please!!!!!

thanks for that info - very helpful so now i can start planning in more dietail - Now would it be worth my while to make the long journey from jaisalmer to delhi visiting bikaner, mendawe along the route rather than backtrack to jodphur?.......what is the airport like in jodphur?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
93 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Itinerary Please!!!!!

Hi,

Jodhpur has quite a basic airport, but you can find flights to Mumbai from Jodhpur airport.

If you visit Jaiselmer, Bikaner would be a similar experience and probably not worth the extra travel. Between Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur and Pushkar you would do good justice to your Rajasthan experience.

You might wanna include Rantambore National Park, Between Jaipur and Udaipur.... it be relaxing, forest safaris and a chance to spot a tiger.

You might also wanna consider spending a few days in Goa at the end of the trip. But that might be hard, with all the places your covering prior to Mumbai.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
93 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Itinerary Please!!!!!

P.S you could do a camel safair in Jodhpur

http://www.hacra.org/

Or

http://www.camelcamposian.com/

Jaisalmer is far out, but worth the visit.. and the camel safaris are the best there. But you do wanna consider time constraint and how tired you would be with all the travelling.

San Diego...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Itinerary Please!!!!!

Thanks Abbas...i'm thinking the HACRA journey maybe going all the way to jaisalmer (part of one of their itinirary) from there.....whiile in nepal i may be doing Chitwan so I thought of skip Rantambore unless it's a must see...any been to both?...thanks again

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with Itinerary Please!!!!!

Hi !!!

First of all let me tell you that Flight operates from Kathmandu to Varanasi but does not operate on daily (By Air India only) basis. You need to check the flight first for Kathmadu - Varanasi then your itinerary starts from here. Otherwise you will have to come to Delhi and itineraray will be changed :

Let me give you better option by flight from Kathmandu to Varanasi

Kathmandu - Varanasi

Varanasi - Khajuraho : By flight

Khajurho - Jhansi via Orchha to Agra

Agra - Jaipur

Jaipur - Pushkar

Pushkar - Udaipur

Udaipur - Jodhpur

Jodhpur - Osiyan - This is the place where you can enjoy camel ride or Night safari

Jodhpur - Mumbai - By flight

If you wish to make some of sector by train, let me know, will be happy to share the experience with you.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
93 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with Itinerary Please!!!!!

Hi,

Not visited Chitwan... but yes, if you have visited one national park then you might not wanna visit another.

I've not personally done a camel ride at http://www.camelcamposian.com/, but a couple of friends have and really spoke hihgly of the experience. It's a two hour ride from Jodhpur.

San Diego...
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with Itinerary Please!!!!!

hey dawanti - thanks, i like this idea...so beside the flight to kajuraho is the rest driving or train, what's to see in Jhansi and Orcha?...i would like to do some 'off the beaten track/local kind of stuff besides touristy places... i think i would skip Pushkar and do a 2-3 day safari in jodphur to jaisalmer with HACRA.....I really appreciate everyone's help - thank-you!