We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rajasthan from Mumbai

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Rajasthan from Mumbai

I am planning to go to India this December. I have previously been to Delhi and Agra and don't need to see that again. I need to be in Baroda for 4-5 days for a wedding but am free for 2 weeks either before or after in which I am hoping to see Rajasthan. What is the most convenient way to get to do this? Fly to Delhi and end up in Mumbai or fly into Ahemdabad, do the wedding and then drive to Rajasthan?

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
707 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rajasthan from Mumbai

Hi Paparam

You dont have to go to Delhi unless your international flights arrive or leave from there. There are direct connections by train and road from Baroda to Udaipur and at the end from Ranthambore to Baroda. I would suggest you do this circuit -

Udaipur-Ranakpur-Abu-Jodhpur-Osian-Jaisalmer-Bikaner-Shekhawati-Jaipur-Pushkar-Ranthambore

Have a great trip!

-Manjari

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,616 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rajasthan from Mumbai

don't waste your time to fly delhi

you are just close to rajasthan during your Baroda visit

if you are at the time of chirstmas book your hotels in advance

Rajasthan is calling you

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rajasthan from Mumbai

Thank you all for the info. We will fly in Ahmedabad and attend the wedding in Varodara (Baroda) spending 4 days over the Christmas period. My hope is to tour Rajasthan for two weeks by rented car starting Dec 28 and hopefully be in Bikaner (Ladera??) for the camel fair Jan 8-9. I plan to use TA extensively in planning out our tour so thank you all for your interest.

Rajasthan, India
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rajasthan from Mumbai

hi,

U can do that with a good travel agent as it helps u such and if u want to hire taxi u can ask to india rajasthan tours,based in jaipur and can deals with car rentals with very competative rates.

Thanks

5. Re: Rajasthan from Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2012, 05:20