We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with a driver

London
Level Contributor
478 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Help with a driver

Hello

I am landing in Delhi in September 16th and will spend two nights in Delhi. I then want to visit Agra, Jaipur, Jodipur and Udipur before flying from Udipur-Goa.

I am wondering whether it is better to get a train to Agra and whether i can pick up a driver in Agra to continue to Udipur on a 7 day trip, or whether I should just take a driver direct from Delhi if it is easier.

I do not understand where the drivers go at night if we book one for a week? We want to book our own accomodation as I have researched where we want to go already. Do we need to pay for the driver to stay somewhere? Will a driver also be OK with doing a one way trip since we are going to be flying from Udipur and not returning to Delhi. Roughly how much per day for EVERYTHIING should I expect to pay for such a journey. Everything I mean car, driver, fuel, taxes. toll charges and the drivers food or whatever you pay for? Would it be less hassle to just take trains?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with a driver

Most of the professional drivers ,who use to go frequently on the travel path that you looking for ,they stay with the hotels which have rooms for drivers and sometimes with other hotels which they know.

I recommend you Rajesh he is from Delhi and i use his services he is from Uttranchal but work in Delhi and have his own tourist cab ,he is also professional and knows the rout which you are looking for His contact number is 0091-9410931709. or if you like i will contact him on your behalf.

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,897 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with a driver

Hallo,

Your idea of catching a train to Agra is perfect and you can save some amount as well. Driver and car can be arranged for rest of the trip after consulting tour operators by your self any help in future is highly regarded.

Thanks

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with a driver

I recommend a company called Rajasthan Four Wheel Drive, their drivers are excellent, they know the routes very well and are very experienced. Contact them and you can choose which type of car you would like. Tell them where you want to stay and Sonia will work our your trip and book all your accommodation. You don't need to worry about where the drivers will stay - they sort themselves out! I highly recommend staying at Dera Mandawa, Jaipur - its a beautiful homestay, our room was out of this world, they have restored this homestay with every thought and detail imaginable, delicious breakfast and our host Mr Singh and his staff were the best we have ever experienced!

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with a driver

The trains are the best options, these all citys are well connected with trains exept Jodhpur Udaipur , so for this rout you can take car , you can also see the Rankpur temple on the way .

dev

London
Level Contributor
478 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with a driver

Thanks all!

6. Re: Help with a driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 05:18