We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brief Rajasthan Itinerary

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Brief Rajasthan Itinerary

Hi

I'm planning a 2 week trip around Rajasthan, taking in the usual highlights. My rough itinerary is

-fly from Delhi to Udaipur

-fly Udiapur to Jodhpur

-train to Jaisalmer, then back to Jodhpur

-fly Jodhpur to Jaipur

-Then back to Delhi (not sure how yet)

Agra, I will do in a seperate trip later.

Does this make sense? Or should I follow the more logical route starting from Delhi - Jaipur?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brief Rajasthan Itinerary

I would add Varanasi to the itinerary and is there some reason you need to do Agra later?

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
470 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Brief Rajasthan Itinerary

Fly from Delhi to Udaipur.

Drive: Udaipur to Jodhpur via Ranakpur Jain temple.

Take Train:Jodhpur to Jaisalmer & Jaisalmer to Jaipur.

Drive : Jaipur to Agra via Fatehpur Sikri.

Train: Agra to Varanasi.

Fly: Varanasi to Delhi.

Cheers.

GuideDesert.

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brief Rajasthan Itinerary

Thanks for the reply. I'm splitting the holiday into two, with a flight to the UK in the middle. On arriving back in India I'm heading east of Delhi - Agra, Varanasi, Lucknow and then, time allowing, heading south.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brief Rajasthan Itinerary

I would agree with Guide Desert's routing - Driving Udaipur to Jodhpur ( so as not to miss Ranakpur) and train for Jodhpur to Jaisalmer to Jaipur sector

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brief Rajasthan Itinerary

Many thanks for the replies. I was hoping to avoid too many long journeys but realise that you do miss a lot by flying all the time

sydney
Level Contributor
386 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brief Rajasthan Itinerary

Hi Tommyuk

Agree with GuideDesert and npjai with an additional reason. Not only do you see places off the beaten track, you get a wonderful view of Indian daily life. I found that the long journeys became an important part of "what I saw on my travels around Rajasthan". So much so, that the long journeys were as important as the destinations, and if you have a great driver, as I did, then you gain an additional insight.

Enjoy!

7. Re: Brief Rajasthan Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 05:05
UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brief Rajasthan Itinerary

Thanks for the reply, Kairan. There seems to be a lot of travelling in between a lot of places. Still weighing up all the options. Thanks again

9. Re: Brief Rajasthan Itinerary

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2011, 05:05
10. Re: Brief Rajasthan Itinerary

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 13:18