We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Visit India: Nov 2011 - Itinerary Questions

Antwerp, Belgium
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Visit India: Nov 2011 - Itinerary Questions

Dear all,

My friend and I have planned a visit to India end Oct/ begin Nov.

Our idea was to follow the below schedule:

#1. Delhi

#2. Jaipur

#3. Jaipur

#4. Pushkar

#5. Pushkar

#6. Jodhpur

#7. Jodphur

#8. Udaipur

#9. Udaipur

#10. Udaipur

==> Flight to Varanasi

#11. Varanasi

#12. Varanasi

#13. Khajuraho

#14. Khajuraho

#15. Gwalior

#16. Agra

#17. Delhi

Some Questions to you:

- Is this itinerary feasible? Not too heavy?

- Do we cover all MUST SEE's? Did we miss any locations?

- What is the best travel method for this trip? All connections possible by train or recommended to take driver?

- Do you have some reco's regarding hotel/ tent accomodation in Pushkar?

Thanks for your help!

Much appreciated.

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First Visit India: Nov 2011 - Itinerary Questions

Your itinerary seems good.

I think its better to take a driver for all trip as it will be flexible and less stressful.

In pushkar there are many options, it will be easy to get one.

Cheers 1

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Visit India: Nov 2011 - Itinerary Questions

Hi,

Jaisalmer should be in list .

From 24october starts to get very busy til half nov. ,diwali festival so many indian tourist travel , book ur trains and flights head .

Jaipur
Level Contributor
690 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Visit India: Nov 2011 - Itinerary Questions

Hi,

Is this itinerary feasible? Not too heavy?

Answer: well planned but i feel 1 day in gwalior and a day in agra: too less. The day yo reach is mostly wasted- also agra has a lot and you should keep atleast 2 days there to really soak up the city. I lived in gwalior for 5 yrs and assure you, you can skip this- since you are already doing rajasthan (covering forts & palaces) & Khajuraho (covering temples)- there isnt much you will miss by skipping Gwalior.

- Do we cover all MUST SEE's? Did we miss any locations?

Answer: India is a very vast country you cannot cover all of it in 17 days. You have covered a decent part but honestly will miss on the south part (Kerala, Karnataka, Tamilnadu etc have some great things to see as well). You are also missing out on the hills at Kufri, chail, chamba, dharamsala. Then you will completely miss on the North east- laddakh, sikkim, assam, meghalaya, arunachal pradesh etc...

- What is the best travel method for this trip? All connections possible by train or recommended to take driver?

Answer: Take a car for Rajasthan- (jaipur till udaipur). Rest you can do by train.

- Do you have some reco's regarding hotel/ tent accomodation in Pushkar?

Answer: chk out: Ananta Spa & Resorts Pushkar. you can see pics and read my review on the following link on TA:

tripadvisor.in/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

sydney
Level Contributor
385 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Visit India: Nov 2011 - Itinerary Questions

Hi FD_Antwerp,

I always hesitate to rearrange itineraries as I relied on a good agent to organise mine, but I do feel that I can make some minor suggestions.

Overall it seemed to me to be a good itinerary (but I am no expert) and as someone who spent a month in Rajasthan last Dec/Jan I think spending 2 days in most places is a good idea as it can be quite hectic. This way you can enjoy each place. India is too big to see all at once, and that provides a good excuse to return again and again.

However, I did notice that you are spending as much time in Khajuraho as you are in Delhi, and your 2 Delhi days are at the start your trip when you may be jetlagged and the end of your trip when you are more focused on your return journey. While Khajuraho is well worth a visit, I would suggest that 1 night should be enough here, and put the day into another day in Delhi as there is much to see there.

Another suggestion I would throw into the mix is a stay in a smaller centre as either a visit or an overnight stay. I have very fond memories of an overnight stay at Luni and also Shahpura Bagh, both of which are small villages. They are different to other places that you have listed as they are less touristy and so provide a slower pace and a different view of India.

Whatever way you go, I am sure you will enjoy India. It is an amazing country.

Edited: 02 September 2011, 21:25
Belgium
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Visit India: Nov 2011 - Itinerary Questions

Hi FD

Maybe you should consider to add Jaisalmer to your trip :-)

I can see that your trip is already very saturated but this city is certainly worthwile

Furthermore I would recommend to take a private driver ( be sure he drives carefully ) to go from Delhi to Udaipur

Enjoy your stat with your friend

MF

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: First Visit India: Nov 2011 - Itinerary Questions

it will sueggest you :

Delhi - jodhpur by train or flight directly leave for jaisalmer 02 nights in jaisalmer

Day 03 ; drive back to jodhpur

Day 04 : drive to ranakpur

Day 05 Driveto Udaipur

Day 06 Udaipur

Day 07 : udaipur to pushkar

Day 08 Puhkar

Day 09 PUshkar to Jaipur

Day10 Jaipur

Day 11 Jaipur to Ranthmbore

Day 12 Ranthmbore

Day 13 Ranthmobre to Agra

Day 14 Agra ( overnight train to Varanasi)

Day 15 Varanasi

Dy 16 varanasi to khajuraho

day 17 Khajuraho

Day 18 Flight to delhi

Thanks & rgds

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First Visit India: Nov 2011 - Itinerary Questions

Hi FD_Antwerp

Suggest this routing -

Delhi (1) - Fly to Udaipur (2) - Ranakpur (1) - Jodhpur (2) - Jaisalmer (2) - Train to Jaipur (1) will mean skipping Pushkar but Jaisalmer will be a better choice - Jaipur (2) - Agra (1) - Orchha (1 - visit Gwalior en route but better medium range hotels at Orchha) - Khajuraho (1) - Fly to Varanasi (2) - Fly to Delhi

Have a great trip!!

- Manjari

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
136 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Visit India: Nov 2011 - Itinerary Questions

My Dear FD ,

how r u ? my dear u do ur plan like this.......

delhi to jaisalmer by train leave at 17-30 pm arrived at 11 am

jaisalmer to jodhpur by morning train

jodhpur to udaipur by car taxi on the way ranakpur jain temple

udaipur to pushkar by morning train to ajmer then by car taxi charg 250 rs

pushkar to jaipur by bus or by car taxi

jaipur to agra by morning train

agra to khajurao by over night train

khajurao to varanasi by over night train

varanasi to delhi by over night train or by fly

JAISALMER 2 NIGHT

JODHPUR 1 NIGHT

UDAIPUR 2 NIGHT

PUSHKAR 1 OR 2 NIGHT

JAIPUR 2 NIGHT

AGRA 1 NIGHT

KHAJURAO 2 NIGHT

VARANASI 2 NIGHT

DELHI 2 NIGHT

have a good journey

with warm regards

ajmeratours

Edited: 10 September 2011, 08:46
Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,524 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Visit India: Nov 2011 - Itinerary Questions

Hi

agreed with Manjari ji given programme. skip pushkar and extra nights can be used in better way. allocation is perfect.

You will real enjoy to follow advise of TGS Tours. the advise is perfect as

it cover highlight of north and central India

just want to say "Happy Holidays"

10. Re: First Visit India: Nov 2011 - Itinerary Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2011, 11:17