We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

extnd Bundi or Jaipur and more time in Jodhpur or Udaipur?

Larchmont, New York
Level Contributor
903 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
extnd Bundi or Jaipur and more time in Jodhpur or Udaipur?

If i had 3 nights would you do 1 in Bundi and 2 in Jaipur or 2 in bundi and 1 in Jaipur? same sort of question for Jodhpur and udaipur--except 4 nights--how to split? I am more interested in getting ot know the feel of a place than seeing more forts (though i do want to see the forts/temple, etc) --but how would you split this up? and WHY? what are the unique things about each place?

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,674 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: extnd Bundi or Jaipur and more time in Jodhpur or Udaipur?

1 in Bundi and 2 in Jaipur, 1 day in Jodhpur, 1 day in ranakpur and kumbhalgarh and 2 days in Udaipur.

deepak

MOOSE JAW
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: extnd Bundi or Jaipur and more time in Jodhpur or Udaipur?

Hi - I don't really think you need two nights in Bundi unless you just want to relax. It is a smallish town and there is the fort and palace that are very near each other, and then a step well to look at. The palace is a wreck - really interesting in a way, but there is no restoration or interpretation so it dosen't take long to see. Walking around town was ok but it rained when I was there in August 2012 so it was pretty muddy in places. If you like wandering around a place I found Udaipur very nice for that. It is pretty to look at with the lakes, and there are nice narrow streets with little lane ways down to the water. Maybe other people would disagree but I didn't find Jaipur or Jodpur that good for walking around...they are more spread out and so it is more like a place where you drive somewhere and then walk around, but then have to drive somewhere else. Aster

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: extnd Bundi or Jaipur and more time in Jodhpur or Udaipur?

I would go with deepaks itinerary.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: extnd Bundi or Jaipur and more time in Jodhpur or Udaipur?

agreed with Deepak.

incase if you donot want to spend a night in ranakpur /Kumbhalgarh . i suggest extra night for udaipur.

spend a day walking in old city watching the daily life of people or spend time on Ghat/ viewing beautiful udaipur from any of the Rooftop restuarant.

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: extnd Bundi or Jaipur and more time in Jodhpur or Udaipur?

hi i am agree with depak ji 02 night in udaipur /01 ranakpur /01 night in jodhpur but in ranakpur i will suggest you bera small near ranakpur it nice to stay over there .

Ranakpur night is good because this month we hve lot of rain so you fine it beautiful

if can also spend 02 night in jodhpur ,if you driving from udaipur and en route visit ranakpur temple so by 6 pm you will be in jodhpur at that night rest

next day start your city tour at 9 am. Do it in 02 part in first part visit mehran garh fort , jaswant thada and lunch than rest for an hour again start at 4 pm in this part do umaid bhawan palace and clock tower ( it good to visit in evening)

if you wanna do cuntryside area trip or jeep safari than it good in morning or evening but i suggest you in early morning start at 7:30 am and finish by 10:30. after fresh up start city tour

thank nimber

Larchmont, New York
Level Contributor
903 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: extnd Bundi or Jaipur and more time in Jodhpur or Udaipur?

thank you all for your wise advice, it is much appreciated.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
461 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: extnd Bundi or Jaipur and more time in Jodhpur or Udaipur?

You can add Pushkar for 01 Night. It is a must visit if you are coming in 01 week of November (Pushkar Fair )

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: extnd Bundi or Jaipur and more time in Jodhpur or Udaipur?

i am also agree with deepak ji and also with raju ji

thanks

ram

9. Re: extnd Bundi or Jaipur and more time in Jodhpur or Udaipur?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 07:16