We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rajasthan trip - To get a feel of the desert sand

Guwahati, India
1 post
Save Topic
Rajasthan trip - To get a feel of the desert sand

I am planning to go to Rajasthan as I want to get a feel of the desert sand - the real feeling. I should be able to go to the desert upto such a point (without getting lost of course) that whether I look straight ahead or behind, left or right. i just see sand! I have seen options like 'Sam Dhani', 'Osian' and 'Khuri'. I am planning to come from Delhi. Please suggest what to do. Plus this should be an economy trip!

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rajasthan trip - To get a feel of the desert sand

The all 3 sand dunes have there own charm , its up to you that how much time you have . If you have time I would sugest to go sam sand dune .

Spend the night there and visit the dune in morning to enjoy the peac ,Cose there will be no one in the morning .

have nice trip,

dev

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rajasthan trip - To get a feel of the desert sand

hi, samdune is situated in thar desert , if you really wanna see desert than i would suggest you sam and spend 01 night over there .

you have direct train from delhi to jaisalmer

thanks Nimbera

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,597 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rajasthan trip - To get a feel of the desert sand

lots of crowd at sam in the evening hence early morning (at sunrise time) will be a incredible moment for you.

Khuri sand dunes seems not in a large scale, other sand dunes at Mulana can be visited staying at Mirvana nature Resort, or The Serai.

and also sand dunes can be visited staying at Manvar desert camp, Osian , Hacra ....

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rajasthan trip - To get a feel of the desert sand

well , The sarai is very very very exepensive , The sam sand morning time very busy In the morning ? I don't think so . Rest other sand dunes are recently founded and people have started to have there own prctice ...

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rajasthan trip - To get a feel of the desert sand

please check the prices every where and campare your self .

Also ask for the service they provide too...

After all every one provide camel ride , and most important is sand dune .

Have nicd trip .

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rajasthan trip - To get a feel of the desert sand

You can also take the overnight train from Delhi to Bikaner and do a safari around Bikaner

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
774 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rajasthan trip - To get a feel of the desert sand

khuri is good place to enjoy " feel of the desert sand " in my openion.better then sam.

and also if u like near bikaner u can enjoy " feel of the desert sand ".

for both places there r many peoplle providing camel safari with night stay in desert.

have a great fun in desert.

vijay.

8. Re: Rajasthan trip - To get a feel of the desert sand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 23:18