We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice ~ 20 days in Rajasthan.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advice ~ 20 days in Rajasthan.

Any advice you care to share would be wonderful. I have been researching, reading and consulting Google Maps and Google Images for weeks.

My 73 year old Mother will be traveling with me...she is very healthy and fit.

2.9 Land Delhi

Hotal Tara Palace~ easy access to Old Delhi Station via Metro.

Rest from journey. Have a bit of a walk around.

2.10/12 *Jaisalmer* # 14659 SF (7days) Night Train leaving Old Delhi Station 17.30 to Jaisalmer arriving 11:00 ~ Desert Moon Hotel Over night camel trek from Jaislmer... Desert Boys Tours

2.12/14 *Jodhpur* # 54819 EXP (7days) Leaving Jaisalmer 7.30a arriving Jodhpur 2.15p (Blue City)~ Govind Hotel ~ Note about an ancient mausoleum off the beaten path could not find the name. Does anyone know the name of this place? theworldeffect.com/images/6a00e54fa8abf78833…

2.15 Driver Jodhpur to Udaipur via Ranakpur/Kumbalgarth

2.16/18 *Udaipur* ~ Mewargarth Palace Hotel *Is it possible to day trip to Chittorgrath?

2.18/20 *Jaipur* # 12966 SF (7days) Night train leaving Udiapur 22.20, arriving Jaipur 8.00~ Hotel Pearl Palace ~ Is it possible to take a day trip to Abhaneri?

2.21/23 *Ranthambore* # 12466 SF (7days) Leaving Jaipur (JP) 10.55 Arriving Sawai Madhopur (SWM) 13.15.

Safari 2:30

2.23/24 *Bharatpur* # 12903 SF (7days) leavinng Sawai (SWM) 12.30 Arriving Bharat pur (BTE) 14.58. Bird sanctuary

2.25/26 *Agra* Driver from Bharat pur to Arga via Fateh pur Sikri.

Hotel Sheela in Arga Taj sunset/sunrise

2.26/28 *Delhi* # 12625 SF (7Days) Leaving Agra Cantt 10.28, arriving New Delhi Station 13.40.

2.29 Flight to America ~ Continental flight 83~ 23.35.

Thank you for your time.

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice ~ 20 days in Rajasthan.

Itinerary seems cool but Why don't you get a comfortable car, as it will be more cool as you can enjoy city side as well and will be much more fun !

cheers !

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice ~ 20 days in Rajasthan.

Ya mean drive it myself?

or hire a driver? what would that cost?

UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary advice ~ 20 days in Rajasthan.

hiring a driver ! you can stay in more places which not too many kms per day and won't have to stay long in train .

cheers !

clarck

sydney
Level Contributor
385 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary advice ~ 20 days in Rajasthan.

I agree with csam34.

A car and driver makes it possible to be in charge of your own times and gives access to places that are less easily available by train.It makes for a very comfortable trip. You can research through trip advisor forums for the names of different companies that will give you a quote for car and driver. The big advantage in this is that you can see reviews of different companies. One word of warning: be wary of reviews where there are many positive or many negative reviews from people who have posted only once or twice. They may be genuine but some are very questionable. Having said that, there are also some very well reputed businesses operating in Rajasthan.

Enjoy your trip

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary advice ~ 20 days in Rajasthan.

Thank you so much...

I am indeed taking the advice and looking into car/driver possibilities.

I am usually a backpack/public transport kind of person...I think it gives one a better feel and understanding of the county but as I said my older Mother will be joining me..perhaps a bit of comfort and less stress is a grand idea.

Houston
Level Contributor
13 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary advice ~ 20 days in Rajasthan.

I replied to another of your posts and saw this one as well. In India, I was at the end of a 6 month backpacking trip and burnt out. For all of my trip, I did public transport. In India, I wanted something easier and got the personal driver. I worked out a ridiculously good price with Adventure Holiday and dictated my whole trip. I felt a little sinfully luxurious, but also loved every moment. I left when I wanted, stayed as long as I wanted, and one of the drivers even took us to his family home for a night. Well, it was supposed to be one night, but I fell and broke my toe, so we stayed two nights in a gorgeous valley 1/2 a mile from an ice cold, crystal clear Himalayan river. The driver's wife nursed my foot, bathed me, fed me, everything. It's something I'll never forget. Tarun accompanied me as my guide. He and the driver picked safe restaurants, and I covered their meals. Maybe you can do some driving, some bus trips. Weigh your options and see what's best for you. Is this your first time in India?

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary advice ~ 20 days in Rajasthan.

sweetnsouthrn1 ~ Thank you so much for both this an the other post.

Indeed it is my first visit to India. I have spend some time backpacking about the world but never long as six months. I stick to 8 weeks here and there. I rarely make any kind of plan...I allow the wind to blow me where it will once I get off the plane. Some of the paces I have been include New Zealand, Honduras, Ireland, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, The Virgin Islands, Turkey and Syria.

Perhaps this is the point where I give a driver a go..I know it would sure take some of the stress of constantly making choice out of my hands, along with be far more comfortable than night trains for my mother.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts.

8. Re: Itinerary advice ~ 20 days in Rajasthan.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2012, 10:22