We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
902 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help

Subtracting travel time, we will have 13 full days in India. We will fly into Bombay and fly out of Delhi. We are a family of 5 with 3 teenagers. This is the itinerary that I have come up with:

Bombay-4 nights

Jodhpur-2 nights

Agra-2 nights

Varanasi-2 nights

Delhi-3 nights

I am working on transportation between cities. We prefer to fly as much as possible. Would a different order make it easier to get around? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
902 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Itinerary help

Before buying airline tickets, we decided to check hotel rates.

The palace in Jodhpur that my husband has stayed in for $380 per night is now priced at almost $2,000 per night in December. This is for a regular double room and not a suite! So for our family of 5, the rates would be about $4,000 per night. I can understand high-season pricing, but this is really too much!

We can go on an all-inclusive safari in Africa for that price. After checking other Taj hotels, we have found a similar pattern of pricing. So decided not to go to India afterall and looking for another destination.

12. Re: Itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 10:41