We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rajasthan in August 2013- monsoon time!

Henfield.Sussex...
Level Contributor
61 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Rajasthan in August 2013- monsoon time!

we want to return to India next year but the only time I can go is in August - Monsoon time - what is it like in Rajasthan? is there ANYWHERE we can go in India to escape the downpours? What regions come off best? Any suggestions would be gratefully received from all you experts!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rajasthan in August 2013- monsoon time!

Hi Purdymaisimo,

Monsoon showers are sporadic in Rajasthan and it receives comparatively scanty rainfall. But please be prepared for heat around 40 degree centigrade.

Sanjiv

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,597 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rajasthan in August 2013- monsoon time!

I would advice your visit if you can bears bit humidity and hot weather

People from cold countries do travel in august hence you can make your mind easily

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rajasthan in August 2013- monsoon time!

Consider Ladakh...August is the best time for Ladakh

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rajasthan in August 2013- monsoon time!

HI,

you can do Rajasthan in heat but then you have to go out to visit city in morning or at evening . day time relaxing in room with ac .

if there will be early monsoon and get some rain then it may cool down a bit but mostly it will be hot and humid .

some city's are well connected with flights like Jodhpur , Jaipur or udaipur so if its too hot then easily you can fly out these city's.

New Delhi, Delhi...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Rajasthan in August 2013- monsoon time!

I have a query. To reach ladakh, we need to go to jammu tawi first. And the area from jammu to ladhak is hilly (Prone to landslides in august cz of rain causing roadblocks). So how can one say, august is a good time to visit ladhak.

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rajasthan in August 2013- monsoon time!

I live in Rajasthan and monsoons are like not so dense, but you can expect hot and humid climate. Other than the winters, Monsoon is the best time to travel here.

Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rajasthan in August 2013- monsoon time!

Hi all!

Has Rajastan been involved by the flooding catastrophe of the last week?

I will be in Rajastan in August with my wife and we are a bit wooried about what's happening in the north part of India.

Thanks

8. Re: Rajasthan in August 2013- monsoon time!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 12:23
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Rajasthan in August 2013- monsoon time!

Hi , can you tell me your travel window and budget . Have good holiday offers in hand.

Ladakh is good in aug . Yes there is some rainfall but it being a desert not much effected by monsoon. Also if you dont have small kids can take up stay at pangong lake and khardhungla pass. Awesome experience?

Regds

Diya

10. Re: Rajasthan in August 2013- monsoon time!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 06:18