We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

India By Car and Driver Deposit

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
70 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
India By Car and Driver Deposit

Hi,

I know many people have used this company. Could you tell me how much of a deposit you paid ahead of time? Just for reference, they are going to be booking all of our hotels for our 2 weeks in Rajasthan, along with the car/tour/etc services.

Thanks!

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: India By Car and Driver Deposit

Never heard of this company on these forums. Make sure of their credentials by emailing and talking to past clients (genuine ones) before paying any deposit

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
70 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: India By Car and Driver Deposit

It's the top-rated tour company on TA for Jaipur. tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304555-d1…

I just want to know how much other people are paying for a deposit, as some companies don't require any and others require up to 70% ahead of time.

Thanks!

Edited: 12 August 2012, 22:58
Mumbai (Bombay...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: India By Car and Driver Deposit

No idea about this company try find some more information

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: India By Car and Driver Deposit

i think we paid 50% in advance and balance on arrival.

sydney
Level Contributor
386 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: India By Car and Driver Deposit

Hi TeachingCouple

I cannot recall reading of reviews of this company in the general Rajasthan forum and so I had a quick look. They are listed as Number 1 on TA for TOURS OF JAIPUR (seemed to be a list of groups who do 1 day tours of Jaipur) . This is not a number 1 rating for organising tours of Rajasthan. They may have done these, but I have not seen them mentioned in the general forum.

Before making your final decision, check out a few different tour operators, contact them for quotes and compare what you get such as services, hotels, etc. I would then recommend that you read reviews of each of them, taking note of who is doing the reviews, and also note how well established the company is, as well as the TA history of the reviewers (do some only post once or twice with limited detail?)

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: India By Car and Driver Deposit

Dear npjai

for this company you read here and if you are member of TA you must heard of this company if you not then you are here just to promote your own company

below is the link of india by car and driver

tripadvisor.in/Attraction_Review-g304555-d19…

Edited: 21 September 2012, 04:31
Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: India By Car and Driver Deposit

Ramesh M..I am talking about the real world out here in Jaipur where I live and have worked in tourism for 30 years and never heard of this company in the trade circles.

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
700 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: India By Car and Driver Deposit

Hi, If you are taking just transport service then you pay only a token amount just to make sure that your booking is confirm. If you are booking hotels also through them then you will have to pay more in advance. As mentioned by npjai from Jaipur this company seems a new one. New companies don't get credit from hotels. They have to pay advance to book hotels. Please check with their previous clients before paying advance.

Happy Holidays!!

Amarjeet

Jaipur
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: India By Car and Driver Deposit

NJ boss, I agree to you. But still there are plenty of companies in Jaipur doing online business but still they do not have a big name and many big agency people are not even aware of the same.

I am sure if this company has a good recomendation, they must be in the market.

But, I would always advice travelers to take a email reference of recent client operated by the company.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
774 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: India By Car and Driver Deposit

Hi,

This is very true to-day many persons / plenty of companies in Jaipur,in delhi doing online business.they r not well known like other big companies,but doing very well.earning money and name.and many times its not eassy for big companies and owners of thease companies to accept all this smoothly.

and to-day on TA this company " India By Car and Driver Private Tours " is well known and on 1st number.its right that this company is not on fourm.

but in other hand i m fully agree with " Rajasthan_Adv... " plz get few email contects of previous clients to know exjectelly about quwality of services.