We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary advice

Paris
Level Contributor
73 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary advice

Hi ,

I would really appreciate your opinion on my itinerary for rajasthan, we are two girls travelling alone.

With a friend we are coming to delhi to attend a wedding so we would be spending a week in delhi.

The bride is organizing a day trip to agra on the 9th of December after which we would come back to delhi.

On Monday the 10th we are going to be in delhi and plan to take the night train to Udaipur reaching on Tuesday morning.

We were thinking of hiring a car for a few days from Udaipur.

We visit udaipar Tuesday/Wednesday (any reasonably priced hotel recommendations are welcome).

On Thursday we do a day trip from Udaipur to kumbalgarh and ranakpur by car.

On Friday we do a day trip from Udaipur to chittaurgarh fort.

We take the night train from Udaipur to jaipur Friday evening , arriving in jaipur Saturday morning.

Saturday Sunday we spend visiting jaipur.

At this point I’m not sure what would be best to do.

Either we can go to the shekawati region to visit havelis or I was thinking go for a day to ranthambore for a day with overnight.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Basically we need to be back in delhi Wednesday as my friend will be flying back on Thursday evening.

Thanks for your help !

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary advice

You could consider continuing from Chittorgarh to Shahpura and on to Kishangarh for at least an overnight at each place before hitting Jaipur. Chittorgarh is about 115 km from udaipur and shahpura would be about the same from Chittorgarh. Shahpura to Kishangarh would be about 135 km and Kishangarh Jaipur about 110 km.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary advice

Swesha. First of all since you are all the way driving to Chittaurgarh, it does not makes sense to drive back to Udaipur, instead you should either spend a night in Pushkar or drive directly to Jaipur. Shekhawati is anytime the best option as per my opinion. From Shekhawati the drive to Delhi is almost 6 Hours. So you can do:

Udaipur-Ranakpur-Chittaurgarh-Pushkar-Jaipur-Shekhawati-Delhi drop all in one car. That would be cheaper and convenient.

Hotels: Udaipur-Jaiwana Haveli / Swaroop Vilas

Jaipur: Pearl Palace / Madhuban / Krishna Palace

Shekhawati: Mandawa haveli

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary advice

Hi,

I suggest you Tuesday Udaipur and Wednesday Chithorgarh

Thursday drive to jodhpur enroute visit ranak;pur and kumbhal garh

Friday jodhpur sightseen and overnight train to delhi .

thanks nimbera

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary advice

Swesha,

I guess you are traveling on budget so that you prefer to travel in trains & local transports to reduce the cost but Chittorgarh , Kubhalgarh & Ranakpur are in different directions and quite far. Local transport will also not be very cheap.

Rajasthan_adventure – advised you well but I have a little different suggestion for you, may be it will work for you.

09th December – No need to go back Delhi from Agra, I would suggest you to take evening 17-40 Hours train to Udaipur. It will allow you add 01 day more in your trip. This train will arrive Chittorgarh very early morning if you wish you can stop here in Chittorgarh, driver will pick you up from here and show you chittorgarh , later in evening drop you at Udaipur.

10th December – Arrive Udaipur

11th Dec- Udaipur

12th Dec Udaipur- Kumbhalgarh- Ranakpur- Jodhpur

13th Dec Jodhpur

14th Dec Jodhpur- Jaipur

15th Dec Jaipur

16th Dec Jaipur

17th Dec Jaipur-Mandawa

18th Dec Mandawa

19th Dec Mandawa- Delhi Airport

You can hire car from Chittorgarh train station to till Delhi. It will be a little costly but more enjoyable and safe. All drives are maximum 06 hours.

Hari Mangal

Paris
Level Contributor
73 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerary advice

Hi

thanks so much for your suggestions !

Finally the bride is doing the day trip to agra on the 5th but we'd still leave delhi on monday evening as we'll probably be too tired from the wedding.

I thought that if you hire a car and driver it's not possible to begin in one place and end in another , you have to start and end at the same place.

If I take the train to udaipur then hire a car for sightseeing and to drive back to delhi is that possible ?

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: itinerary advice

Hello ,

It is possible to hire car from city to city and leave them any where , no compulsion to start and end in same place.

But have to pay for both ways , as car come empty.

Yes , it is very much possible to go Delhi - Udaipur by train and take car from there and come back to Delhi with visiting places all the way to Delhi.

Reagrds, Hari Mangal

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: itinerary advice

Break your journey from Udaipur to Jaipur at Ajmer and spend a night or two at Pushkar before going on to Jaipur. See erail.in for connections Udaipur to Ajmer & Ajmer to Jaipur. Most shops are closed in Jaipur on Sundays..so no fund being in Jaipur on a Sunday

Paris
Level Contributor
73 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: itinerary advice

Alot of people have told me to skip ajmer and pushkar are there any other places I can break my journey ?

Paris
Level Contributor
73 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: itinerary advice

How much do u think it would cost if we take a car from udaipur and go till delhi in the car ? , so that would be tuesday onwards ?

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: itinerary advice

You can take a train Udaipur to Kota and spend 2 days at Bundi before taking train Kota to Jaipur