I’m planning Rajasthan trip in Jan or Feb 2013 for my parents.
Age: 60 years
My tentative plan is
Udaipur to Mt Abu (1N in Mt Abu)
Mt Abu to Jodhpur (2N in Jodhpur)
Jodhpur to Jaisalmer (1N in Jaisalmer)
Jaisalmer to Jodhpur (1 Night stay If required in Jodhpur else direct train to Jaipur)
Jodhpur to Jaipur (2N or 3N in Jaipur)
Jaipur to Pune. (Return journey)
Mostly I’m looking for Railway journey and whenever needed will hire a car.
My Questions are
1. Am I missing anything or it will be hectic for my parents
2. Need help on transport mode from Udaypur to Mt Abu. As no train service is available then is it fine to hire car.
3. What will be charges for Car from Udaypur to Mt Abu? Small segment car will be okay for them.
4. Should I plan direct journey to Jaipur from Jaisalmer OR should take a break in Jodhpur.
5. If anyone can suggest me budget hotel name from above city then it will be very helpful for me. (My Dad’s principal is spend budget/less/average/ money on stay on spend more to explore the place)
6. Any tips or suggestions are most welcome