We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with this itinerary and critique!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Please help with this itinerary and critique!

Hello India experts and fellow trip advisor members,

Please critique this itinerary and offer suggestions as to: order of itinerary, most convenient and quickest form of transportation (flights are fine), and if we should see any alternate destinations to the ones listed (I have been going back and forth with Jaipur vs. Udaipur). Some parts of the itinerary can not be changed as I am attending a wedding.

I have also just returned from the desert in Morocco so do not need to visit this time around in an India itinerary.

Day 1 thru 4 – Calangute, Goa

Day 5: Kochi (best way to travel from Goa? What is earliest time we can arrive in Kochi?)

Day 6: Houseboat

Day 7: Kumarakon

Day 8: Jaipur (fly from Kochi? Does the order for Day 8 thru 15 make sense?)

Day 9: Jaipur and night in Ranthambore Park

Day 10: Ranthambore Park

Day 11: Varanasi

Day 12: Varanasi

Day 13: Agra

Day 14: Delhi

Day 15: Delhi

Day 16 thru to 19: Ludhiana for wedding (how to arrive to Ludhiana?)

Thoughts?

I look forward to feedback!

Thanks in advance!

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with this itinerary and critique!

Hi ,

I will suggest you 01 night jaipur / 02 nights ranthambhore / 01agra /02 varanasi / 02 nights delhi

Day 08 : Arrive jaipur + sightseeing

Day 09 : Jaipur sightseeing hallf day + drive to Ranthmabhore

Day 10 : Ranthambhore

Day 11 : Ranthambhore

Day 12 : Ranthambhore + overnight train to Varanasi

Day 13: Varanasi

Day 14 : Varanasi + overnight train to delhi

Day 15 : Delhi

I think this perfect itinerary and you may also take flight from varanasi to delhi

thanks

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,783 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with this itinerary and critique!

From Ranthambore drive to Agra.Agra to Varanasi by overnight train.Varanasi to Delhi by flight.

Delhi to Ludhiana by train as there are several trains between these 2 cities.

For train check with Make my trip .com

Thanks

Rashid Agra

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with this itinerary and critique!

sorry

day 11 ranthambhore to agra

Day 12 agra to varanasi overnight train

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help with this itinerary and critique!

I would suggest that you decide your direction. Your travel plan has everything west to south to north to east. If you have not seen kerala and wish to see it then spend more time there. If you wish to see forest then there is Wayanad(Tholpetty sanctuary) and also Madhumalai sancturay (Munnar and Thekkady). This would save travelling time and money both. You can try and visit my blog www.indus-explorer.blogspot.com to get more details. I have travelled by car from Mumbai.

Once you have seen kerala and goa you can proceed to Delhi and then to Ludhiana. While at delhi please visit Agra, Mathura and Fatehpur sikri (2 days).

The best way to travel is by train from short distance and flight for long distances.

5. Re: Please help with this itinerary and critique!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2013, 10:19