We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a week in rajasthan

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
146 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
a week in rajasthan

hello everyone,

i am planning a rd trip to rajasthan the coming week and it would be great if u can get a quick response to my queries below - i have read a lot of reviews and everyone is recommending bikaner-jodhpur-jaisalmer

i do not want to visit jaipur, ranthambore, ajmer, alwar, shekhawati.

my questions to do bikaner-jodhpur-jaisalmer are

1. i suppose i will drive till tonk road in jaipur and take diversion to bikaner ?

2. how many days are required in bikaner?

3. from bikaner where do i go next ? jodhpur or jaisalmer ?

4. what is the travel time between the cities ?

5. what is the break up in the number of nights you would recommend we spend.

6. are there anything to see on way to or between the three cities

many thanks

1. Re: a week in rajasthan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 December 2012, 16:05
India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: a week in rajasthan

I will suggest you 02 nights in each city

Take overnight train from delhi to jodhpur and spend 02 nights in jodhpur than drive to jaisalmer spend 02 nights in jaisalmer than drive to bikaner spend 01 night in bikaner than drive to khimsar small village way to jodhpur and next day take train to delhi from Jodhpur .

Jodhpur - Jaisalmer en route visit Pokhran fort and ramdevra temple

Jaisalmer - Bikaner en route visit Kecchan and des nok tewmple

Bianer - Khimasar Nice fort in desert

Khimsar - Jodhpur en route visit osian tepmle and train to delhi .

time will take from one city to other around 05-06hrs

thanks nimbera

3. Re: a week in rajasthan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 December 2012, 16:05
Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a week in rajasthan

3 replies and 2 are advertising!!

Are you planning a self driving tour? Where are you starting your tour? If you are starting in Delhi, there is no need to come to Jaipur. You can drive Delhi to Bikaner via Shekhawati. 1 night in Biakner is enough

You can then drive to jaisalmer (min 2 nights) and then to Jodhpur (min 1 night). When you drive back from Jodhpur to Delhi, it would be advisable to break in Jaipur as the drive Jodhpur to Delhi is too long

Use Google Maps for distance/driving times. Just add a couple for hours to Google timings as they are always wrong.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a week in rajasthan

thanx guys i had this kinda trip on the back of my mind for a long time- now i atleast know how to go about it.

will be planning something in 2013

npjai- sir what would be a good time to do this this trip- march or oct-nov

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: a week in rajasthan

March will be warm but doable. Oct/Nov is perfect weather

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
146 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: a week in rajasthan

hi npjai and nimbera,

thanks for your advice - i am going to be driving down from del

delhi > shekhwati > bikaner > jaisalmer > jodhpur>delhi ( as njpai suggested )

what is the travel time between these places ? would u reckon i do hotel bookings before leaving, in advance ? or it can be managed once there - my concern is since this is the season i might not get a hotel if not booked in advanced

thanks both of u

Cagayan de Oro...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: a week in rajasthan

Hi ,

I think Bikaner and Jodhpur needs one night each and Jaisalmer, Delhi needs 02 nights each.

Bye

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: a week in rajasthan

Hi, I will suggest you book hotel in advance after long drive you need to serach for hotel directly go and chewck in hotel .

Because from one city to other city almost around 04 - 05 hrs drive

thanks nimbera