We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Organised tours (car + driver vs car+driver+accommodation)

Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Organised tours (car + driver vs car+driver+accommodation)

Hi there!

We are 3 students and will be travelling in Rajasthan for 15 days, starting and ending in Delhi. As we will be after quite a trip in SEA we were thinking about renting a car with a driver and possibly to organise accommodation and attraction tickets. I've seen some companies already here, but the prices vary so much! The cheapest quote I got for a package tour was something around 400£ up to 670£. We are worried that because we are so tight on time and we want to see particular places we might waste too much time getting to/from train stations, looking for accommodation, etc. What is a reasonable (for a budget backpacking trip) pice for it? We would like to see Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Jodaipur, Udaipur,Jaisalmer, Bikaner, etc. Any particular service you would recommend?

Our trip will take place in August.

Thanks in advance,

Anna

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
5,188 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Organised tours (car + driver vs car+driver+accommodation)

You can go with Indian based travel agent who have suggestions and recommendations on the site like Icon India,TGS,Delhi Magic and few more get the quote from 1-2 of them compare the cost and then go...u still have time to do some search on the forum.

There is a possibility to book hotels on line.

The places mentioned are doable in that span of time.

Thanks

Rashid Agra

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Organised tours (car + driver vs car+driver+accommodation)

Hi , Auust is off season normal you will get good hotel in budget in rajasthan.

So only car will cost you lost so I will suggest mix it with train

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Organised tours (car + driver vs car+driver+accommodation)

Hi Anna,

You will get the list of local travel agencies if you spend a lil time by searching in travel forum. Get in-touch with few of them but make sure they are reliable by reading their reviews before you send them an email. Get the price from them for the whole package apart from food & entrance tickets.

You may save some money if you book hotels online with the help of a reputed portal viz:- booking.com or hostel-world.com & then get the cost from the same reliable companies just for the transportation only.

Since you are traveling around Rajasthan for 15 days, I suggest you to add two more cities called ''PUSHKAR & MANDAWA'' for a night or two in your Itinerary. You will avoid long hrs drive by adding these 2 cities & both cities are worth to visit.

Have a nice trip!!

Raja Burza

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Organised tours (car + driver vs car+driver+accommodation)

Hi,

I would suggest you to book Rajasthan Budget tour package instead of hiring just car & driver. 15days trip should cost you approx UK Pound 300 per person triple sharing. Air -condition Mid size car + 02 to 03 star hotels ( 01 Double room+ 01extra Bed ) inclusive of breakfast and taxes.

Trip - DELHI -02 Days , >Mandawa-01 Day > Bikaner-01Day > Jaisalmer-03days > Jodhpur-02 Days > Udaipur-02days > Pushkar-01 Day> Jaipur-02Days> Agra-01Day> Delhi airport.

Hari Mangal

5. Re: Organised tours (car + driver vs car+driver+accommodation)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2013, 10:02
Lund, Sweden
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Organised tours (car + driver vs car+driver+accommodation)

300£ sounds reasonable, every quote I got was above 400£ so will keep researching, thank you! (unless specific agent can be recommended?)

Again, thank you all for tips!

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,701 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Organised tours (car + driver vs car+driver+accommodation)

Hi ,

I would suggest you to contact on following email address :

rajasthantoursinfo@gmail.com

Hari Mangal

8. Re: Organised tours (car + driver vs car+driver+accommodation)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2014, 05:16