We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just two cities...?

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Just two cities...?

We want to do a trip to Rajasthan, but many of the tours take so much time driving and trying to see all of the sights. We want to do New Delhi, plus two other cities / fort towns... If you were to visit two of the following cities, which would they be and why?

- Jodhpur

- Jaipur

- Udaipur

- Jaisalmer

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just two cities...?

I think i would say jaipur and udaipur or i would definitely try to add all four

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just two cities...?

I've been to three of those, Jaipur, jodhpur and jaisalmer, and are all worthy of your time. If I was to choose, , I'd go for jaisalmer and Jaipur. Though I've heard Udaipur is brilliant. Do all 4!!!

india-by-rail.blogspot.co.uk/search…

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just two cities...?

You can do Jaipur and Udaipur.If you have never been to Agra ..include it with Delhi and Jaipur other wise ignore it.

Regards

Rashid Agra

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just two cities...?

hi..

add jaipur and udaipur as suggested by loveutravelling..

also can add agra , if you havent been there..worth to see tajmahal.

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just two cities...?

Thanks all - we'd probably try and do a 10-14 day trip, but want to minimise the time taken up traveling from city to city, and make sure we get some time to relax as well as see the sights.

Other thoughts or comments still welcome of course!

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just two cities...?

We've been to the first three - Jaisalmer was just too far to add to our tour. We enjoyed the fort in Jodhpur,m stayed in a very nice hotel, but the Jain Villages tour was a bit touristy, with retail opportunities, so we'd recommend Jaipur and Udaipur. Jaipur has Amber Fort and Palace plus the palaces, observatory and museums in the city, while Udaipur has that beautiful lake plus an amazing palace complex. It's a nicer place ti wander, too, as Jaipur and esp Dehi are more city-manic.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just two cities...?

i think 14 days will be good enough for a relaxing trip.. hire a Toyotal Innova car which is really comfy.. you can do delhi - agra - jaipur - udaipur - jaisalmer - jodhpur - delhi

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just two cities...?

Is there more to see in Agra than the Fort and TM? Would one night be enough there?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just two cities...?

Re Agra - there is a lot more to see if you have time, including Fatephur Sikhri, but you've got the highlights if you can't spare more time

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just two cities...?

In Agra the main sights are only Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Sikandra ( the tomb of akbar).. As you will leave for jaipur after agra, so you will see fatehpur sikri on the way :)