We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 4- 20 Jan 2014 a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
583 posts
Save Topic
Is 4- 20 Jan 2014 a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi?

Hi, I know that Oct- Mar is a good time to visit Rajasthan.

1. But, is Jan 4- 20Jan 2014 specifically a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi+ Agra+ maybe Varanasi?

2. Is the weather condition suitable for nice photography (eg no fog that clouds out the attractions)?

3. Is there any festival around this time in any city of the region mentioned, that may cause a sudden influx of visitors?

4. What is the average temperature (in degC) during the periond mentioned?

5. What is the climate condition/ temperature during the same period this year and last year, just to understand better what to expect?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Delhi
Level Contributor
729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 4- 20 Jan 2014 a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi?

Hi dtanel,

Although there is no problem with the weather condition between 4-20 jan, 2014, bit obviously you will find fogg on that time. But sun will also be there for your photography :)

I do not have any idea about any festival held in the month of January, so can not say.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 4- 20 Jan 2014 a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi?

Hi,

Here is answers of all your questions,

1.Jan 4- 20Jan 2014 specifically a good time to visit Rajasthan. But Delhi and Agra maybe effected with Fog , especially in first week of Jan.

Varanasi is all right - suggest you to visit. Rajasthan First and Agra Delhi at last.

2. weather condition ( fog ) is not suitable for nice photography specially visit of Taj Mahal ..yoi may allocate two days for Agra.

3. You can enjoy to see kite festival on 14th January. Makar sankranti festival.

4. the average temperature (in degC) during the periond mentioned 18-28 degC

5. the climate condition/ temperature during the same period in past years was all right

Edited: 05 June 2013, 14:44
Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 4- 20 Jan 2014 a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi?

Hi,

It has very well suggested by udaipurmagic, Delhi and Agra would be effected by Fog upto 11th Jan, so

its better to travel these places after visiting Rajasthan.

Regards,

Arun Agra

4. Re: Is 4- 20 Jan 2014 a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2013, 17:59
Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 4- 20 Jan 2014 a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi?

Yes Jan is a good time to visit....some time Delhi and Agra are affected by fog.This year was foggy and very cold in the month of Jan.Temp wise it may be 15-18 degrees Celsius.Lot foreigners visit the above mentioned places in winter.

Regards

Rashid Agra

Jaipur, India
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 4- 20 Jan 2014 a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi?

greting from india

as per your dating

we make a ideal itinerary

it can be chageble

Delhi - Jaipur -- Bikaner (Junagarh Fort) Via Nagaur Fort (en route) - Jaisalmer - Manvar - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Bundi- Jaipur - Agra- varanasi -Delhi (fly back to home

have a good journey

Paris
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 4- 20 Jan 2014 a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi?

I had travelled India during the same date and duration with Optima Travels, an Indian travel company. The agency had suggested this time and we found it extremely correct. The weather conditions were perfect except early morning fog while we were in Delhi. But our visit was in a way different from yours likely visit. At that time Kumbha fair was in a city near Varanasi so there was large number of influx of tourists. I believe that it is organized every 12 years so there should not be any problem.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,767 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is 4- 20 Jan 2014 a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi?

Makar Sankranti is celebrated all over India and in different states it has different rituals and scale of celebrations. There are also different names for this festival in different states.

Look at this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makar_Sankranti

Malaysia
Level Contributor
583 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is 4- 20 Jan 2014 a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi?

Dear deepakAgraIndia,

May I then know when is Rajasthan region, Delhi, Agra and Varanasi celebrating Makar Sankranti? Is it on 13- 15 Jan as stated? Will the region then be SUPER crowded? What is the impact if I were to travel during the festive season? Please elaborate more to allow me to understand the extent of the impact.. Thanks!

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is 4- 20 Jan 2014 a good time to visit Rajasthan+ Delhi?

Hi,

So far I have seen this celebration of Makar sankranti on 14th January every year. and for 2014 is same date.

Dates of other religion Festival comes according to the date of religious calendar. but not this

at the present format. It is more like a kite festival. and this might be only attractions for you as tourist. I don't see crowded markets or mob every where during the festival. It is easy going festival.

in the morning may see beggars movement in front of temples or residential area.