We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lakefront accommodation in Udaipur - Jagat Niwas sold out :(

Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lakefront accommodation in Udaipur - Jagat Niwas sold out :(

My fiancee and I will be in Udaipur early December as part of our honeymoon.

I had wanted to book Jagat Niwas palace but all their lake front rooms are sold out :(

Is it worthwhile staying there in a non lake facing haveli room or can anyone recommend 2nd best options to be right in the heart of it on the water? I loved the style and feel of Jagat Niwas with the windows bays, great communcal areas and more brightly lit than most.

We are staying at the Oberoi in Udaipur for our last two nights for something extra special and so we are looking at the 5000 - 10000 rupees price range for the first couple of nights

The Udai Kathi roof top suite is available still and looks very romantic, however some of their reviews on their service have put me off?

Any suggestions would be great :)

Thanks,

Kat

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lakefront accommodation in Udaipur - Jagat Niwas sold out :(

I would suggest Hotel Amet haveli for your stay in Udaipur amethaveliudaipur.com

Thanks,

Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lakefront accommodation in Udaipur - Jagat Niwas sold out :(

Thank you PiKum, I have also short listed this property - it might just be the one :)

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lakefront accommodation in Udaipur - Jagat Niwas sold out :(

Hi katarinaontravel,

Thanks for selecting udaipur as your Honeymoon destination, You wouldn't not be disappointed with it .

Amet Haveli is also with limited number of rooms .and may not available for peak season . There are other options -

Jaiwana Haveli room no. 31,21 ( corner rooms)

Lake Pichola - alll lake facing rooms directly on Lake you may take suite of Lake Pichola reasonable prices

Fateh Prakash - ovecote rooms lake facing upper category Hotel.

Karohi Haveli

Edited: 02 August 2013, 05:20
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lakefront accommodation in Udaipur - Jagat Niwas sold out :(

Thank you Udaipur Magic, Lake Pichola Hotel is perfect, thank you :)

5. Re: Lakefront accommodation in Udaipur - Jagat Niwas sold out :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 06:19