We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest a 4 day itinerary for Rajasthan (recommend one city)

Panipat, Haryana...
7 posts
Save Topic
Suggest a 4 day itinerary for Rajasthan (recommend one city)

I'll be leaving for Rajasthan with my brother and my boss from Germany on the night of 7 December. We will have 8 9, 10 and 11 to ourselves to experience Rajasthan (we'll leave for Delhi on the night of 11 Dec because we need to be at the airport to pick up his friend to accompany us for Goa and Kerala). My boss is visiting India for the first time so i need to show him as many great things as i can in the shortest amount of time. So for 4 days, i am thinking of Skipping Jaipur and taking him straight to Jodhpur and Jaisalmer. Recommend me two best cities of Rajasthan for a 4 days trip. It can be Udaipur and Jaisalmer or Jodhpur and jaisalmer. Money is not a concern so we want to explore the real royal culture of Rajasthan.

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggest a 4 day itinerary for Rajasthan (recommend one city)

The best places to travel in Rajasthan are Udaipur, Jodhpur Jaisalmer and Rajasthan.

but as you are planning to skip out Jaipur I can suggest you the following itinerary

Day 1 Fly in to Udaipur

Day 2 Drive to Jodhpur Visit Kumbhalgarh and Ranakpur temple on the Way

Day 3 Drive to Jaisalmer in afternoon

Day 4 In Jaisalmer

Day 5 depart

Or else if you are looking forward to just 2 places than Jodhpur and Jaisalmer would be my choice

and travelling distance between them is also less.

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggest a 4 day itinerary for Rajasthan (recommend one city)

I will suggest you jodhpur n udaipur

Jodhpur - is in part of thar desert. Udaipur - is totally different from jodhpur their you will see nature.

Day 1 - Fly from delhi to jodhpur + Arrival drive to desert manvar or osian ( hardly one and half hour drive)

Overnight in swiss tent camp and enjoy camel ride in desert.(Manvar - 100kms and osian 65kms)

Day2 I drive to jodhpur + sightseeing ( mehrangarhfort+ umaid bhawan palace + clock tower - old city n narrow street , bazar walk)

Day3 - drive to udaipur en route ranakpur temple

Day4 - udaipur sightseeing + overnight train to delhi

Thanks nimbera

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggest a 4 day itinerary for Rajasthan (recommend one city)

I am not sure if skipping jaipur will be a good idea. I think your boss might like when the trip is not too rushing up.. If your boss haven't seen Taj mahal then you can take him from Delhi - Agra - Jaipur - Jodhpur and fly from jodhpur to Delhi. As per me you shouldn't miss jaipur as it will be quite an experience for him.

Cheers ! and good luck with whatever you choose.

Panipat, Haryana...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggest a 4 day itinerary for Rajasthan (recommend one city)

Thank you so much. This makes perfect sense and comes right into the order.

jaipur
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggest a 4 day itinerary for Rajasthan (recommend one city)

Hi

if you want to explore real royal culture then Jodhpur and Udaipur will be the best cities in Rajasthan

you can fly in Jodhur and stay one night in Jodhpur and if you like you can stay one night in desert in Osiya or in Manvar which are close to Jodhpur on the third day you can go to Udaipur via Ranakpur visiting jain temple and if you like you can visit Kumbhalgarh fort also after Ranakpur and stay in Udaipur for the fourth day and fly back to Delhi

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
47 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggest a 4 day itinerary for Rajasthan (recommend one city)

Hi Vaibhav

looking at the time limit and your desire to experience the royal culture of Rajasthan, I would like to suggest you two places: - Udaipur and Jodhpur. Two cities equally royal and rich in culture and heritage yet equally different region wise. Since you dont have any budget issues I would like to suggest you to book Udai Vilas in Udaipur and Umaid Palace hotel in jodhpur or Ajit Bhawan. All the best for your trip. Cheers!!!

Panipat, Haryana...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggest a 4 day itinerary for Rajasthan (recommend one city)

Thank you very much! :) Really appreciate it.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,728 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggest a 4 day itinerary for Rajasthan (recommend one city)

I would suggest Delhi> Agra> Jaipur> Udaipur> fly to Delhi / Goa.

deepak

9. Re: Suggest a 4 day itinerary for Rajasthan (recommend one city)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 05:15