We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rajasthan itineary for 11 days tour

New Delhi, Delhi...
5 posts
Save Topic
rajasthan itineary for 11 days tour

hi, i am planning a 10 night trip for rajasthan in first week of feb. 2014.its a self driven tour on own vehicles starting from delhi.we are 5 adults with 3 small kids.i have decided an itineary.i want to know this wud be comfartable and yet covering all places or not

also please suggest me some nice place to stay in jaipur,jodhpur and jaisalmer.my budget is some were arnd 2500 per night.

day 1- arrive jpr.visit old city.evening at chokhi dhani

day 2 - sightseeing at forts.evening sound and light show at aamer fort.

day 3-early morning departure to pushkar ji.after lunch proceed to jaisalmer

day 4 - sight seeing at jaisalmer

day 5 - sam dunes/khuri dunes(pls suggest which place is better of 2)

day 6 - morning departure to jodhpur enroute visiting ramdevra,osian,mandore).night at jodhpur

day 7 - local sight seeing at jodhpur

day 8 - transfer to udaipur.enroute visiting ranakpur and kumbhalgarh

day 9 and 10- local sight seeing

day 10 - back to delhi. enroute visiting ekling ji,nathdwara,and may be chittorgarh too

so pls suggest whether this itenary is fine

also suggest best place to see sand dunes in jaisalmer

and some nice budget yet good staying options in all these placess

thnx

rishi

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: rajasthan itineary for 11 days tour

Hello,

Your itinerary seems good except few points like travel time from Jaipur to Jaisalmer would be about 10 to 12 hours and from Udaipur to Delhi is about 12 to 14 hours & if you are fine with this then itinerary is good otherwise you can take stop in Bikaner between Jaipur to Jaisalmer and Pushkar between Udaipur to Delhi.

Thanks,

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rajasthan itineary for 11 days tour

these two drive are too long . If yoi are ready for it then fine. After lunch start from pushker is little late try to start early if you keep your itinerary as it is .

Sam sand dune are nice but more crowded compared to khuri in peak seasons.

You can do it other way delhi-jai-udaipur-jodhpur-jaisalmer- bikaner- masses Delhi.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rajasthan itineary for 11 days tour

Your itinerary seems good to me ;), enjoy rajasthan

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rajasthan itineary for 11 days tour

Your itinerary if good but the traveling hours will be more like from jaipur to Jaisalmer and Udaipur to Delhi , it will take around 10-12 hours drive

New Delhi, Delhi...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: rajasthan itineary for 11 days tour

How about 1 day exculsion to tanot & longewala from jaisalmer.wouldn't these places be better to see real thar better sam or khuri.is it possible to visit the real international border from tanot?

How can one take permission to visit indo pak border near tanot

Also suggest some nice heritage but budget hotel in jodhpur and jaisalmer.my budget is arnd 2000-2500 per night.

Thnx

Rishi

Edited: 27 November 2013, 10:20
New Delhi, Delhi...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: rajasthan itineary for 11 days tour

How about 1 day exculsion to tanot & longewala from jaisalmer.wouldn't these places be better to see real thar better sam or khuri.is it possible to visit the real international border from tanot?

How can one take permission to visit indo pak border near tanot

Also suggest some nice heritage but budget hotel in jodhpur and jaisalmer.my budget is arnd 2000-2500 per night.

New Delhi, Delhi...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: rajasthan itineary for 11 days tour

Long distance driving is not a big issue as we have extra person to drive.

How about 1 day exculsion to tanot & longewala from jaisalmer.wouldn't these places be better to see real thar desert then sam or khuri?

How can one take permission to visit indo pak border near tanot?

Thnx

Rishi

Edited: 27 November 2013, 10:28
Delhi
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: rajasthan itineary for 11 days tour

your planning is good and your Tour Travel will only become luxurious if you get Best Rajasthan Tour Packages from some reliable Rajasthan Travel Agents. go get them.. ALL THE BEST

Edited: 27 November 2013, 10:48
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: rajasthan itineary for 11 days tour

Travelling on your own for such a long journey with 3 kids can be a task, however, if you are ready then it is your call. The itinerary is doable and as far as the hotels are concerned you better check online for budget options (makemytrip, yatra, goibibo mustseeindia etc)

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rajasthan itineary for 11 days tour

Hi rishi your tour plan good but two traveling to long like Jaipur to jaisalmer takes around 11 hour non stop on 100 km. and udaipur to Delhi

750 km. takes around 14 to 15 hours according Jaipur Delhi highway still under the construction but evening time very busy like 4 pm to 1 am takes 7 or 8 hours if you start driving from Jaipur after 4 pm then to much traffic there and ekling nathdwara on other route and chittorhgarh is on other route both is not possible

I would saggest to you make your trip comfortable with your childrens you are on holiday holiday means relex enjoy fun not in the formula 1 DRIVE WITH CARE MAKE ACCIDENT RERA

On Indian road every minute in new you don't what will happen so your tour plan is good accept two long drives

About your hotels we not able to saggest you any hotels directly according tripadvisor guide line so I will saggest you to find on tripadvisor there so manny good hotels with good ranking and reviews read that then ask people on forum

Best of luck