We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting between Delhi and Jodhpur

Belmont, California
1 post
Save Topic
Getting between Delhi and Jodhpur

I will be visiting friends in Jodhpur next week, travelling solo. I will arrive at DEL around midnight and fly out from there around midnight about a week later. I need to get to Jodhpur and back.

From my research so far, the only travel option I can find that takes less than twelve hours (which, plus transfer time, plus waiting time, effectively eats an entire day) is the rare direct flight (available back but not out). Question: can I safely book Indian domestic flights online?

I have seen recommendations to take the train, but when I check the schedule, it seems only overnight is available, which, on my schedule, would result in a day and a half travel time each way just betwen the two cities. Am I missing something here? I've been checking schedules on makemytrip.com - should I expand my searching?

Thanks for any help.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting between Delhi and Jodhpur

Best way for you will be to try booking a flight to jodhpur only if you have to be in jodhpur early if not then you may hire a chauffeur driven car and do such trip as Delhi - Jaipur - jodhpur - pushkar - Agra - Delhi ( with a chauffeur driven car and can be done within you fly back from delhi , or even if you fly to jodhpur then you can take a chauffeur driven car from.jodhpur - pushkar - jaipur - agra - delhi. Hope this helps , write me a.private message for more info,

Ps - for flights you can try checking out cleartrip.com, is helpful

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting between Delhi and Jodhpur

YEs if time permits you can visit Jaipur and Pushkar. Also Agra is a worth Visiting Place. If you are interested only in Jodhpur then there are direct flights available and also you can take a over night train.

For tickets I will suggest that you can contact www.holidayindiatravel.com or www.unitedindiatravels.com they can help you with you tour.

India
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting between Delhi and Jodhpur

I thing you take flight from delhi to jodhpur that will good option and if budget than take overnight train from delhi to jodhpur.

If you only coming jodhpur no need to hire cab from delhi to jodhpur it very hectic for you n long drive,

My suggest flight or overnight train

Thanks Nimbera

4. Re: Getting between Delhi and Jodhpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 06:18