We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage transfer between flights at Delhi

Alberobello, Italy
Level Contributor
51 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage transfer between flights at Delhi

Hi All

I have no experience of connecting flights and would like to understand the process.

Arriving in Delhi Terminal 3 at 11.55, Virgin Airways from London. I then need to catch the Jet airways 17.35 to Jaipur also leaving from Terminal 3.

Can someone explain the process - do I go to immigration, then collect bags? Do I remain in the secure area? How do I check in my bags for the Jet Airways flight? How long does it all take and would it be a good idea to book lounge access?

Lots of questions I know, but after a long flight, I want minimum hassle.

Thanks in advance

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage transfer between flights at Delhi

It is all very easy. Come out of your flight and go through immigration. Collect your luggage and then go to the counter of jetairways for your boarding pass and luggage checkin. Cheers ! You will be all done within 2 hours after your arrival

Edited: 08 February 2014, 19:08
Alberobello, Italy
Level Contributor
51 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage transfer between flights at Delhi

Thanks very much, so you stay airside!

As we will clearly have a few hours to kill are the lounge/s any good? I am thinking that as we have flown overnight it will be good to freshen up. We have Premiere tickets from Jet - so hopefully we can get lounge access albeit we may have to pay for a shower etc - Anyone know?

Sorry if this is all basic stuff!

Australia
Level Contributor
422 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage transfer between flights at Delhi

Delhi airport, international and domestic, is now very nice after renovations. Lots of shops, restaurants, cafes etc. and a great lounge (charge applies): www.newdelhiairport.in/premium-lounges.aspx

Edited: 09 February 2014, 00:38
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage transfer between flights at Delhi

hope you get the desired answer

5. Re: Luggage transfer between flights at Delhi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 05:21