We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itenary for Rajashtan for 12 days ?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Itenary for Rajashtan for 12 days ?

Hi ,

Please can you suggest if the following itenary looks good/ do-able?

is there anything I can add in this time, without it being too rushed?

Which place is the most reasonable/ best place to shop for Sarees/ clothes/ decoratives?

We are travelling to Rajasthan in Oct this year. We are a family of 3.This is our first visit to rajashthan.

Following is a tentative itenary.

My start and end dates are fixed - to and fro flights from Jaipur

Last two places have to be Kumbalgarh/Udaipur, since thats the only available slot in which I can stay at Club mahindra.

We plan to use the trains to travel from Jaipur - jaisalmer - Jodhpur, as well as the Udaipur - Jaipur travel. (for saving some cost as well as time)

From Jodhpur thro kumbalgarh- Udaipur, we plan to have a car with us for the entire period.

Planned itenary

27 November - reach Jaipur at 10 pm

28 Nov - Jaipur sightseeing

29 Nov - Jaipur sightseeing

Catch overnight train to Jaisalmer

30 Nov Reach Jaisalmer at around 11. 30 pm

Take Sam Dune overnight package – includes visit to some villages and monuments on the way.

Plan to book with ‘Mystic Jaisalmer’

31 Nov - Return to Jaisalmer city and local sightseeing

Catch overnight train to Jodhpur

1 Nov Reach Jodhpur – 5 am

Local Sightseeing – visit Osian Temple

2 Nov Jodhopur sightseeing – Jodhopur Fort

Leave for Kumbalgarh(by car) – if possible cover Ranakpur on the way

Overnight at Kumbalgarh

3 Nov Kumbalgarh – Visit Fort and Temple (We can also cover Ranakpur on this day)

4 Nov - Kumbalgarh – day for rest

5 Nov Kumbalgarh to Udaipur –

Visit Eklinji and Haldighati on the way, if possible also cover Nathdwara temples

Overnight at Udaipur

6 Nov Udaipur- local sightseeing

7 Nov Chittorgarh - overnite at udaipur

8 Nov - Udaipur sightseeing

Catch late night train to Jaipur

9 Nov Catch flight from Jaipur at 1.45 PM

Please can you suggest if the following itenary looks good/ do-able?

is there anything I can add in this time, without it being too rushed?

Which place is the most reasonable/ best place to shop for Sarees/ clothes/ decoratives?

Thanks!

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itenary for Rajashtan for 12 days ?

Hi maithalee,

Please check the dates you have mentioned as November is a 30 days month. So that you don't have problems in catching your trains and flight.

Visit Ranakpur on the way to Kumbalgarh from Jodhpur instead of coming back from Kumbalgarh, as it will save you more time to relax in Kumbalgarh.

Jaipur is better place to shop for sarees, textiles etc.

Thanks

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itenary for Rajashtan for 12 days ?

Thanks..thats a typo..its october .so the trip starts 27 oct thro 9 nov...

What about the items I plan to do on way from kumbalgarh to udaipur?..is it doable in one day?

jaipur
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan
Level Contributor
650 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itenary for Rajashtan for 12 days ?

Dear

You can easily visit haldi ghati, nathdwara,rajsamand lake, eklingji, nagda temples enroute khumbhalgarh to udaipur by a car. It is doable in one day.

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itenary for Rajashtan for 12 days ?

I have this like a sample tour for 10 days trip of Rajasthan which will cover almost everything to see check this out. Most of the tourists who are traveling to

Rajasthan are confused on what and how to travel here, to make the most out of their trip. So here is a perfectly planned itinerary to travel in Rajasthan. You can

make the changes if you like according to your budget and means of transportation you prefer, but this is almost perfect route you should follow.

Day 1: Jaipur

Arrival at Jaipur

Pickup from Jaipur Airport / Railway Station / Bus Stand by placard carrying driver and transfer to Hotel.

Post Lunch, visit to the fabled Pink City, the Jaipur of old.

Jaipur is famous for its marvelous architecture and town planning. Drive through the colourful bazaars to the delicate Hawa Mahal (Palace of Winds).

Visit the various museums inside the City Palace and the ancient observatory, Jantar Mantar which is now a world heritage site.

Day 2: Fatehpur,

Shekhawati

Depart after an early breakfast to Fatehpur, Shekhawati (3 hrs away).

See the Cenotaphs, Stepwells, beautifully Painted Havelis or mansions that this Shekhawati region is renowned for.

Proceed after lunch for Bikaner. If we are in time, we can also visit the Camel-breeding Farm just before Bikaner (open 3-5 pm). Bikaner is 2-3 hrs. from Fatehpur.

Check-in at hotel in Bikaner.

Day 3: Bikaner See the fabulous Junagarh Fort & Lalgarh Palace in Bikaner.

Proceed for Jaiselmer. Have lunch on the way (5 hrs. drive, packed lunch from Bikaner advised).

Reach before sundown, to catch a glimpse of the setting sun on the Golden Fort.

Check-in at hotel in Jaiselmer.

Day 4: Jaisalmer

Jaisalmer is a small town best explored on foot. Roam in the old fort, marvel at the beautiful architecture and amazing stonework. In particular, see the Museum and

Jain Temple.

Take a walk through the back streets to the Patwon ki Haveli & Kothari Haveli.

After lunch proceed to Kuldhera - an abandoned habitation, and then to Sam Sand Dunes.

Take a Camel Ride and experience the haunting magic of the desert.

Day 5: Jodhpur

After early breakfast leave for Jodhpur the Sun City via Pokhran (total drive 5 hrs.).

See deer on the way in the Bishnoi villages, and reach Jodhpur by afternoon.

You can see Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada (memorial to an ex-ruler of Jodhpur) and Umaid Palace.

You can also roam in the colorful bazaars around the old clock tower.

Day 6: Ranakpur

An early breakfast and we are off to see a fort that they say only Gods could have built, the awe inspiring Mehrangarh Fort. Do not miss the view of Jodhpur's blue

houses & sunset from the top of the fort.

Leave for Mt. Abu, that is 5 hours away. We see the beautiful temples at Ranakpur on the way. Check-in at hotel in Mt. Abu.

Visit to Sunset Point / Nakki Lake in the evening.

Day 7: Mt. Abu

Visit Dilwara Temples and Brahmakumari Ashrams after breakfast.

Leave for Udaipur after lunch (3 hr. drive). Udaipur, the capital of mewar region is beautiful with lots of lakes and greenery. Enjoy a stroll on the lakefront, or

catch a folk dance show at Baggar ki Haveli in the evening.

Day 8: Udaipur

Full day Sightseeing of Udaipur, covering the City Palace, Old City, Saheliyon ki Badi lakes, Pratap Memorial & Haldi Ghati.

Stay at Udaipur. In evening, catch the sunset from Sajjangarh or see Shilpgram where folk Arts and crafts are on display. The other options are to see a stirring sound

and light show at the City palace or stroll in the bazaars.

Day 9: Ajmer,Pushkar

Start after breakfast for Ajmer. This is a 5 hour drive.

Visit the Dargah of Sufi Saint Salim Chishti, venerated by followers of all religions and leave for Pushkar that is close by.

See the Holy Lake after lunch & visit the only Temple of Lord Brahma in the world.

Pushkar is famous for rose cultivation too! You can ask the driver to visit a Rose Farm.

Drive to Jaipur (3 hr. drive).

Day 10: Jaipur

On the last day of the trip visit the magnificient Amber Palace, perched on a hill top. You can also hitch a ride of a different kind at the fort, hire an elephant and

ride like a maharaja into the fort!

See the Largest Cannon on Wheels in the World and old cannon foundry at Jaigarh.

Visit to the Kanak Vrindavan Temple in the valley of flowers.

Drop at Airport / Railway Station / Bus Stand in the evening.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itenary for Rajashtan for 12 days ?

Thanks...

If i were to break that into 2 days....

Can I do nathdwara and eklinji from Kumbalgarh and back

and then haldighati rajsamand lake, nagda temples enroute khumbhalgarh to udaipur by a car?

Which of these places is closer to Kumbalgarh?

I am trying to squeze in one day for Bikaner and reducing one day at Udaipur and then splitting the Kumbalgarh enroute udaipur places into 2 parts, so that I can do some when I am in Kumbalgarh.

That way I think I can reach Udaipur early evening ....

Something like :

28 - 29 Oct Jaipur

29 afternoon catch a train to bikaner and reach by night overnite at Bikaner

30 Oct - bikaner

30 Oct night train to Jaisalmer

31 Oct - early morning reach Jaisalmern

1 November in Jaisalmer

1 Nov - evening 7 pm train to Jodhpur - overnite at Jodhpur

2 NoV - Jodhpur sightseeing

3 Nov- Jodhpur to Kumbalgarh by road- Ranakpur on the way by car

Overnite at kumbalgarh

4 Nov - Kumbalgarh fort and nathdwara and eklinji by car

5 Nov - Kumbalgarh - rest day

6 NoV - leave for Udaipur - haldighati rajsamand lake, nagda temples enroute khumbhalgarh to udaipur by car - Evening at Udaipur- maybe boat ride

7 Nov- Udaipur sightseeing

8 Nov - Chittorgarh

Overnite train udaipur to jaipur

How good is Bikaner ? 1 day in bikaner vs 1 extra day in udaipur?

Thanks

Level Contributor
106 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itenary for Rajashtan for 12 days ?

Hi maitheeli

i'll tell what we did in 12 days..this is the itinerary we followed :

1: mum-udaipur...drive to kumbalgarh ...visited kumbalgarh fort in day as our chk in was late. And then evening agaim for sound n light show.Overnite kumbalgarh.

2: ranakpur jain temple..haldi ghaati. Bck to kumbalgarh.

3. Nathdwara..eklingji... overnite Udaipur

4. Udaipur sightseeing

5. Udaipur

6. Left for jodhpur ...reached jaipur in the aftrnoon..visited Mehrangarh Fort. Drove to Jaisalmer. Jaisalmer overnite.

7. Jaisalmer sightseeing. Evening sand dunes. Overnite jaisalmer.

8. Drove to Bikaner rchd aftrnoon. Visited Bikaner fort palace and Karni mata Rat temple. Drove to Jaipur. overnite Jaipur.

9. Jaipur sightseeing.

10. Jaipur sightseeing.

11. Went to pushkar / ajmer and bck to Jaipur.

12. Left for Agra.. stopped at Abhaneri. Rch aftrnoon. Saw Tajmahal..Overnite Agra.

13. Agra fort. Back to Jaipur by evening to catch a flight back to Mumbai

It was a hectic trip.. but we had enough time to see what we wanted to. Yes i regret we missed out on Chittorgarh due to last min changes. The jodhpur-jaisalmer-bikaner bit was suggested by our driver who was confident he would show us the maim sights of these places in 2 days without putting too much of sightseeing. Hence we saw only the main highlights. That due becoz we had cancelled our nawalgarh club mhndra booking and decided we wanted to see jaisalmer instead while drivng bck frm udaipur.

But it was great fun. I suggest do a lot of research on your own part. There are lots of places the travel agents dont tell you about. Like i was adamant i wanted to see the saas bahu temple and stepwell. So its better to go prepared. Its a beautiful State. I am sure you will enjoy urself.

Level Contributor
106 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itenary for Rajashtan for 12 days ?

For shopping : home decoratives... Udaipur is the best.. they even give you delivery to mumbai if you buy big items like chairs..tables.. we got 2 chairs delivered to mumbai. I really loved shopping in Udaipur.

for sarees/ dresses/ bedsheets : Jaipur is the best.

but house decoratives , painting etc Udaipur rocks.

We even got good bedsheets from Jaisalmer.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itenary for Rajashtan for 12 days ?

Thanks divjranj...

Which month did u travel?...which of the CM resorts is better? Udaipur or kumbalgrh?

Is it possible to travel from jaipur to bikaner nd do sightseeing same day?

When u see jodhpur jaisalmer udaipur..is bikaner very different. .did u like bikaner?

I am guessing u used a taxi all thro....pls send me a pvt message with total cost and tour company details fr car booking...

Step wells u mention are in bikaner?

Sas bahu temple is nagda temples right?

If which was the best place u liked?

In terms of time do u think u shud havr spent more time in jodhpur ? Is it a small place?

Thanks once again

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itenary for Rajashtan for 12 days ?

Thanks divjranj...

Which month did u travel?...which of the CM resorts is better? Udaipur or kumbalgrh?

Is it possible to travel from jaipur to bikaner nd do sightseeing same day?

When u see jodhpur jaisalmer udaipur..is bikaner very different. .did u like bikaner?

I am guessing u used a taxi all thro....pls send me a pvt message with total cost and tour company details fr car booking...

Step wells u mention are in bikaner?

Sas bahu temple is nagda temples right?

If which was the best place u liked?

In terms of time do u think u shud havr spent more time in jodhpur ? Is it a small place?

Thanks once again

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Itenary for Rajashtan for 12 days ?

Well what I would suggest you is to skip Bikaner....

Allocate your time to Jodhpur.