We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help ;-)

Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help ;-)

The folowing is my iterenary for my trip to Rajasthan starting 12th September from New Delhi by car and ending in Bikaner on the 25th of September.

I am considering between a Toyota Innova and a TaTa Indigo from RTDC.I have been quoted Rs40,000 for the 14 days for the Indigo (inclusive incidentals and fuel), sounds a bit too much to me. Alternative suggestions please?

PROGRAM (Average Speed of 50 Kms/ hr)

Day 1 Friday

12/09/14

Depart Kolkata by air to New Delhi. Take car to Agra, via Mathura, 209kms, 4hrs. Taj Mahal STAYOVER TAJ KHEMA.

Akhbar Tomb, Miriam Tomb

Day 2

13/09/14

Agra fort, Nizaamuddin Tomb, STAYOVER TAJ KHEMA.

Day 3

14/09/14

Depart to Jaipur via Bhangarh, 218 kms 4 hrs.

STAYOVER (Nahargarh Fort, Durg Café)

Day 4

15/09/14

Sightseeing Amer Fort, Sissodia Rani Temple, City Meuseum, Jaigarh fort, City palace. STAYOVER (Hotel Gangaur)

Day 5

16/09/14

More sightseeing afternoon departure to Pushkar/Ajmer, 143 kms, 4 hrs.

STAYOVER (Hotel Sarovar)

Day 6

17/09/14

Morning departure to Chittorgarh, 207 Kms, 5 hrs Chitor Fort light and sound show.

STAYOVER (Hotel Panna)

Day 7

18/09/14

Sightseeing the Chitor fort, afternoon departure to Udaipur via Haldighati and Ahar, 117Kms, 3 hrs.

STAYOVER. FatehPrakash Palace Hotel. (Local Dinner)

Day 8

19/09/14

Sightseeing STAYOVER.FatehPrakash Palace Hotel.

(City Palace meuseum, sahelion ki bari, nath dwara, monsoon palace, jagdish temple, Dinner at Jagmandir, Lake Pichola, crystal collection, cars)

Have to be back for sunset at Sunset Terrace, Fatehprakash.

Day 9

20/09/2014

Departing for Mt Abu via Ranakpur, Kumbhalgarh, 300kms, 7 hrs. Late evening arrival. STAYOVER (Hotel Shikhar)

Day 10

21/09/14

Morning at Nakki Lake (Breakfast, Balloon ride), afternoon Dilwara Temple (12 – 3 pm). Leave by 2 pm for Jodhpur, 277kms, 6 hrs.

STAYOVER (Hotel Ghoomar)

Day11

22/09/14

Sightseeing Meherangarh Fort, Jaswant Thadda, depart for Jaisalmer, 278 kms, 6 hrs.

Omlette man at Sadar Bazar gate. STAYOVER (Hotel Moomal)

Day 12

23/09/14

Sightseeing Sonar Kella then to SamDhani, 50 kms, 1 hr. After local Lunch

STAYOVER (Hotel Sam Dhani)

Day13

24/09/14

Morning departure for Bikaner, 331kms, 6 hrs.(Deshnok Karni Mata Temple)

STAYOVER (Hotel Dhola Maroo)

Day14

25/09/14

Visit Junahgarh Fort.

Depart for Delhi by Train

I have opted to stay with RTDC for barring Udaipur for value for money & location that I have been made to believe.

Its going to be me, the wife and my mother .Anyone feel sorry for me yet :-)

Mentioned in this post
New Delhi
New Delhi
National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
Bikaner
Bikaner
Bikaner District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Mathura
Mathura
Mathura District, India
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Pushkar
Pushkar
Ajmer District, India
Ajmer
Ajmer
Ajmer District, India
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Kumbhalgarh
Kumbhalgarh
Rajsamand District, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer
Jaisalmer District, India
Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help ;-)

Heyllo

Well i would advice you to get a quote from private carriers as you will surely get much cheaper rates + I have seen almost every RTDC hotel in Rajasthan and they are all overpriced for what they offer, I mean just look at the other modern alternatives and you will see the difference. Private hotels offer thrice of what you pay at RTDC.

No offence to RTDC but they seriously need to raise the bar now.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help ;-)

same thing goes for Volvos run by RSRTC between Delhi and Jaipur and other cities of Rajasthan. Over priced, no good service and not value for money.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
jaipur
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan
Level Contributor
650 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help ;-)

Dear

It is better to book a private tour operator and hotels. I ensure you that it will be atleast 25% cheaper than RTDC offer. RTDC hotels location is also not the best in town and there services are Bhagwan Bhrose.

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help ;-)

rtdc hotels are good and in each city at prime location but problem about service to i will suggest you will get better hotel in same price so before book once check other hotel.

thanks nimbera

Jaipur
Level Contributor
539 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Help ;-)

Dear Traveller,

Greetings!!

Yes RTDC’s hotels & Car’s Services are not good but hotels’s location are good, so better to book a tour by Private tour operator, and There are so many travel agent on TA, try to get the quotes from 2-3 agents.

Cheers!!!

6. Re: Please Help ;-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 06:16