We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bikaner to Jaisalmer train

Arizona
Level Contributor
79 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
Bikaner to Jaisalmer train

I read there is a train (4704) that leaves Lalgarth Station at 7:30am arriving in Jaisalmer around 1:20pm.

I have looked on cleartrip; makemy trip and the india rail site and no matter what date I put in, it comes up as unavailable.

Does anyone have any info about this train? Does it still run? Can you get seats just a few days ahead of time once in Bikaner?

We will be traveling on Christmas Day - so, if not the train, any suggestions?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,688 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bikaner to Jaisalmer train

log on erail

That'll be convenient for you

Edited: 27 September 2010, 16:37
Arizona
Level Contributor
79 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bikaner to Jaisalmer train

Sorry - I don't understand your reply - What does 'log on erail' mean??

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,688 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bikaner to Jaisalmer train

http://erail.in

Log on this website, it will be convenient for the railway ticket booking

Agra
Level Contributor
319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bikaner to Jaisalmer train

He meant visit- www.erail.in

Arizona
Level Contributor
79 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bikaner to Jaisalmer train

I could really use an 'insiders' help on this. I have tried all of these booking sites and get the same response for this train (4704) - Lalgarh to Jaisalmer. No matter what date I put in, the india rail site says it is outside the booking parameter.

Does any one have first hand, current experience booking this train?

I want to book if for December 25, 2010.

Jaipur, Rajasthan
Level Contributor
264 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bikaner to Jaisalmer train

Strange but the server is booking only for next 30 days. I tried booking 28th Oct and it show the details with booking options and when I click on 29th Oct it gives the same error.

Arizona
Level Contributor
79 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bikaner to Jaisalmer train

THANK YOU! that helps tremendously. Now I know I can book it. I will just have to wait.

8. Re: Bikaner to Jaisalmer train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 07:17