We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaisalmer: 2 nights - comments on itinerary please?

Which Jaisalmer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
84 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Jaisalmer: 2 nights - comments on itinerary please?

I want to go to Jaisalmer but am NOT interested in the camel safaris. I just want to see the city and the cultural sites.

This is what I am considering. Any comments/suggestions?

Day 1 - Jodhpur - Osiyan - Jaisalmer

8:30-9:30: Driver from Jodhpur to Osiyan: 66km 1 hour

9:30-11:30: Osiyan: visit Jain temples,

11:30-3:30/4:30: Osiyan - Jaisalmer: 240km? how long to drive? 4hrs? 5hrs? What is the road like?

Day 2 - Jaisalmer: Fort, Palace, temples, havelis (Patwa-ki, Salim Singh, Nathmal); Desert Culture Center & Museum, including Folklore Museum

Day 3 - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur via train (or driver)

Train: Jsm Dli Express (14660) from Jaisalmer to Jodhpur Jn; 17:15-22:40; 5h 25m

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jaisalmer: 2 nights - comments on itinerary please?

Hi,

The drive is 5 hr from osian and the road is ok .

Add gadisagr lake in jaisalmer ,its beautiful with full of water now .

For beck to jodhpur ,if u have to be there in mornig then u go by bus 5/6 or car , trains are evening and at one at night witch reach morning 5am about .

Have nice trip.

Dev

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jaisalmer: 2 nights - comments on itinerary please?

Your plan is good. I did that route in the last year. The roads are really good and you can see scenic beauty on the way. Keep the same car and driver who would move around with you for city tour etc and can bring you back to Jodhpur.

It takes 5 hours or so. If you want (or if your driver does not know Jaisamer city tour ) then you may hire a local guide with the consultancy of your hotel counter. But please bargain a little.

Wish you the best and the most memorable journey

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
461 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jaisalmer: 2 nights - comments on itinerary please?

There is not much to see at Osian; if you are really interested to see the Jain Temples then you should go to Ranakpur

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
84 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jaisalmer: 2 nights - comments on itinerary please?

I have a Jet Airways flights in Jodhpur at 13:00.

I would like to arrive in Jodhpur airport at 11:30 to check-in (with baggage to check).

What time should I leave Jaisalmer?

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jaisalmer: 2 nights - comments on itinerary please?

The drive is 4hrs about .

If u start 6 am from jaisalmer u will be reach by 10am . if you stop on the way to have tea or break fast then u reach half n hr after .

Have nice trip ,

Dev

6. Re: Jaisalmer: 2 nights - comments on itinerary please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 00:18