We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet, relaxing place to stay

Which Jaisalmer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Quiet, relaxing place to stay

I have quite a list of different places I am thinking about. Which of these would be most quiet and have the most relaxing ambience if, in addition to seeing the area sights, we need some down time to recover from our trip? I am looking for a place where we could sit and relax in other places than just our room. And, I want convenient walking distance to everything.

In fort--Desert Boys, Victoria Hotel, Shreenath Palace, Monsoon Hotel, Garh Jaisal.

Outside of fort--Nachana Haveli, Oasis, Pleasant Haveli, Fifu.

Thanks.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet, relaxing place to stay

Based on my personal experience you should stay outside the Fort area if you want to relax infact Jaisalmer is a small town so once you are outside the fort area and walk for 10 minutes you should see less crowd.

As for the Hotel recommendation I have no idea on that, during my trip i stayed at the Rajasthan Tourism Department Accommodation it was in a silent area.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,524 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet, relaxing place to stay

Hi

I suggest you to stay outside the fort its just walking distance as Jaislamer is small city . Nachna haveli, Fifu Gues tHouse are good place to stay

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet, relaxing place to stay

Thanks. I am surprised that the area outside of the fort is what both of you are suggesting because, without your help, I would have rhought that the part inside the fort would be more peaceful because there would be less vehicle traffic.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet, relaxing place to stay

Inside Fort its all congested / narrow roads just like a old city, so what ever Hotels, Guest Houses all are adjusted within the same old building with few modifications here and there.

Most of the International Tourists prefer to have the old type of areas some how as you mentioned you want to relax i mentioned about staying outside the fort.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet, relaxing place to stay

hey hiiiiiiii........

For better suggestion please I like to suggest Fifu Guest House.

For Peace you can get in hotel. but the main problem is Dog barking whole night in whole over. If it is Star Hotel or Bugt Hotel.

Regards,

uju

mumbai

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet, relaxing place to stay

Yes uju mum............. Is right , dogs at night and cows on roads , and open sivrage , in jaisalmer ..... But I think its INDIA

Dev

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet, relaxing place to stay

How about noise from car horns and motorbikes? Is there less of this inside or out? Dogs happen anywhere.

Thanks.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiet, relaxing place to stay

hey Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Inside the fort itself a small city and motor bike can reach easily and I think if you somewhere next to city but a bit away where less car and motor bike comes and in that way Fifu , Golden Haveli and Jasmin Haveli are the best option.

Enjoy

Regards,

uju

mumbai

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quiet, relaxing place to stay

Thanks again.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quiet, relaxing place to stay

About a calm place to stay in Jaisalmer, I would suggest you to stay in Fifu Hotel, is around 5-10 minutes walk to the fort. The best thing about the hotel is that it has a terrace upstairs having great views to the fort, so to relax can be a good option. If you want to stay paying a bit more, Fort Rajwada also can be a good option.