We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi-Agra-Jaipur and Jaisalmer in 6 days? Help!

Which Jaisalmer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila
11 posts
Save Topic
Delhi-Agra-Jaipur and Jaisalmer in 6 days? Help!

Hi guys! Me and my friend are going to India for the first time, but unfortunately we are only staying a short time (we arrive Tuesday night and leave at Sunday night). During this time, I am really hoping to go to Jaisalmer, and also see Agra and Jaipur. Is this possible? What should our route be? Can I fit in more destinations? We were planning to go straight to Jaisalmer since it's the farthest and just work our way back to Delhi. :-)

Any suggestions are welcome. We are willing to sleep every night on the train just so we can reach as many places as we can. Also, I'm confused about getting to Jaisalmer from Delhi. Some sites say there is a direct train while some say you need to take two trains to get to Jaisalmer.

Thank you so much!

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur and Jaisalmer in 6 days? Help!

hey hiiiiiiiiiiiii

Yes it's very short time in India and for Rajasthan but you can complete your total tour within 6 days...

you arrive Tue Night so you can start from Agra - Jaipur and Jaisalmer back to Delhi.

21st Feb : Reach Delhi and Rest

22nd Feb :- Start for Agra visit Taj Mahal, agra fort and tomb of itmad-ud-daulah. overnight stay at hotel. Or take Night Bus for Jaipur from Agra ( distance 235Kms )

23rd Feb:- start from Agra to jaipur

- Hawa Mahal

- City Palace

- Jantar Mantar

- Albert museum

- Gaitor (6km)

- Jal Mahal (6km)

- Amber fort

- Jai garh fort (15km)

- Dolls musem

- Birla Temple

You can take night Train from Jaipur to Jaisalmer. Start from Jaipur 23:45pm and you will reach next day morning 11:00am in Jaisalmer on

24th Feb Ch-n at Hotel and same day visit Desert for evening Sunset.

25th Feb:- Start for Local sightseeing's - Fort ( palace, Jain temple,City view point ) Haveli ( patwo ki haveli, salim singh Haveli and nathmal ki haveli ) and Gadisar lake.

Same day depart for Delhi evening train from Jaisalmer around 5:15pm and reach Delhi 11:00am

26th Feb :- Flight for back to Home

For this tour you can just take Train, Bus or Car.

because after few day you are travelling for this place and I hope that the few train are available for this tour

From Jaipur to Jaisalmer only one train available and same train direct come from Delhi and after return back to Delhi you can get again same train till delhi from Jaisalmer

So as per my suggestion just find out the train, bus and Cab for more optional.

For best travel agent if you are looking for only Cab then I can suggest TGS, India Peacock Tours and Travels from Delhi.

For train details : Visit www.cleartrip.com you will get Foreign tourist Quota.

Regards,

Uju

mumbai

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur and Jaisalmer in 6 days? Help!

Of course you can cover all the places in 6 days but it will be quite hectic.

So here is an itinerary that I would suggest you for 5 nights:

Day 1. Arrive in Delhi.

Rest in hotel or can visit local attractions.

Day 2. Delhi To Agra, Depart: Early am, Travel Time:4 hours.

Visit Agra fort. Places to visit in Agra fort: The Octagonal Tower, Mina Masjid, Jehangir Palace, Diwan-e-Aam, Diwan-e-Khas, Machhi Bhawan, Moti Masjid, Sheesh Mahal, Anguri Bagh, Jahangiri Mahal, Golden Pavilions and Musamman Burj. Add a visit to Akbar's tomb and/or itmad-ud-daulah. Visit Taj Mahal during sunset and then return back to hotel.

Day 3. Agra To Jaipur Via Fatehpur Sikri, Depart: Early am, Travel Time:6 hours.

Visit Taj Mahal again during sunrise. Depart for Fatehpur Sikri. Spend a couple of hours in Fathehpur Sikri and depart for Jaipur. You can spend some time for shopping in the evening in Jaipur as there are also a number of popular markets including the Gem Palace, Amrapali, and Chameliwala Market.

Day 4 option 1: For Wildlife lovers.

Depart from Jaipur city to visit Ranthambore Fort . Early afternoon Jungle safari of Ranthambore National Park, one of the glowing examples of Tiger Conservation Project successes in India. Timings of Afternoon safari are 2.00 pm to 5.30 pm. Return back to hotel.

Day 4 option 2: Local sightseeing in and around Jaipur.

Visit the Hawa Mahal (Wind Palace). In the afternoon, visit the "pink city" so-called because a great deal of the older part is built of pink-colored stone. Also see the Jantar Mantar and the City Palace, which houses an excellent collection of Rajasthani costumes, miniatures and an armory of Rajput weapons.

Day 5. Some more local sightseeing in and around Jaipur.

Visit the Amber Fort - The highlight of the tour is an elephant ride up the hill at the Fort like a Maharaja! Return back to hotel by evening and Depart back to Delhi. Visit the Jaigarh Fort - standing on a hilltop, overlooking the palaces and city of Amer. The world’s biggest cannon on wheels - the Jai Ban, built during reign of Maharaja Sawai Jaisingh, is positioned here.

Day 6. Depart from Jaipur to Delhi. Travel Time: 5 hours.

P.S. Jaisalmer would require at least two days in order to visit all the tourist attractions properly.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur and Jaisalmer in 6 days? Help!

hey Hiiiiiiiiii

Please note :--

Bus Details - Delhi to Agra - 1st bus : 5:30am reach 11:30 am on 22nd Feb

Same day visit Taj Mahal and all sightseeing's

23rd Feb :- morning Train Af Aii Intercit (12195) Agra fort - Jaipur

Train time 5:10am - 09:30am - AC Chair Car Available - 25seats

Same day Jaipur visit.

Night train For Jaisalmer or AC Volvo Bus are Available from jaipur

Train : Dli Jsm Express (14659) - TRAIN SEATS ARE NOT AVAILABLE BUT CAN TRY IN Foreign tourist Quota IS available on 3AC and Sleeper Class 4 seats

or Volvo Bus Available Cost Rs. 1000/- per person start around 23:30pm and reach jaisalmer 12:00noon

24th : Jaisalmer

25th jaisalmer to Delhi - Sleeper Class non-AC Seats are available 74

So now you can book your total journey by Internet , so you have only few enough time to book this all....

Regards,

uju

mumbai

Edited: 17 February 2012, 08:03
Manila
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur and Jaisalmer in 6 days? Help!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this. I guess going to Jaisalmer first from Delhi and working my way back to Jaipur, to Agra and then back to Delhi is not practical? :-)

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur and Jaisalmer in 6 days? Help!

visiting jaisalmer first then make sure you will nitrate be in agra on friday ,Cose on friday taj mahal is close.

So plan acording .

Dev

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur and Jaisalmer in 6 days? Help!

The best is for you to visit agra first , if you visit jaisalmer first then your plan will to be a visit agra on Firday ,as u living on sutday ....

You can take satabdi exepress live from delhi at 6.15am ,takes only 2 hrs for agra ,you will have breakfast in train .

Have nice trip.

Dev

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur and Jaisalmer in 6 days? Help!

I guess your purpose to visit Jaisalmer to see deserts. There is a place called Osian near Jodhpur which has quite beautiful deserts as well as offers village safari. You should visit this place instead of jaisalmer. The route will be as below :

Day 01 Arrive Delhi - Night Stay Delhi

Day 02 Delhi - Agra ( By car if seats not available in Shatabadi Exp)

Day 03 Agra - Fatehpur Sikri- Jaipur

Day 04 Jaipur- Jodhpur ( By night Train / Bus /Car )

Day 05 Jodhpur- Osian

Day 06 Osian- Jodhpur-Delhi ( By flight ) - Dep : 16-15 - Arrive : 17-15 Hours

In my opinion better to just visit Delhi - Agra & Jaipur.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur and Jaisalmer in 6 days? Help!

You're cramming too much into 6 days and travelling from one place to the other in India is a slow process, stick to Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, there's enough to see in 6 days.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur and Jaisalmer in 6 days? Help!

We totally agree with Chrella, it's a shame to cram so much into 6 days. And Jaisalmer is quite far away! Don't waste the short time you have in transit. Just visit another time and do Rajasthan thoroughly. It's worth it!

Have a look at the india section of our blog to get into the mood!

http://www.fishandfeathers.nl/category/india/

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delhi-Agra-Jaipur and Jaisalmer in 6 days? Help!

Another vote for Delhi, Agra, Jaipur or extend your stay by another 2 days.

deepak