We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert camping in jaisalmer / jodhpur

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Desert camping in jaisalmer / jodhpur

dear friends,

i m planing a trip with my family in jan 2013.what i would like is my kids to experience real rajasthan more of activities like desert camping,local village visit,camel nd horse riding,puppet shows, camp fire,folk dance etc and so i m divided as in where to go between OSIAN or JOJAWAR or DECHU or combination of two and skipping jodhpur alltogether nd going to jaisalmer ?.please advice on some nice budget camps

1. Re: Desert camping in jaisalmer / jodhpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 11:19
jaipur
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan
Level Contributor
648 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desert camping in jaisalmer / jodhpur

DEAR

OSIAN is agood place to do desert camping & other activity .MANVAR resort 120 kms from jodhpur enroute to jaisaimer is another option .

Mumbai
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desert camping in jaisalmer / jodhpur

Both Jaisalmer and Jodhpur are good options. However, Jodhpur has better connectivity. You can visit the famous Bishnoi Village and go for camping at Osian.You may check out www.camelcamposian.com and www.bishnoivillagesafari.com .

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Desert camping in jaisalmer / jodhpur

thks tikku,

manvar is n expensive option i guess osian would b realtive cheaper option plz gimme options in osian,khuri,sam (preferably less touristy,safe nd reasonable)

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Desert camping in jaisalmer / jodhpur

well exept horse ride you will get all the exeprince in jaisalmer .....

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Desert camping in jaisalmer / jodhpur

thks anushka,

manvar is n expensive option i guess osian would b realtive cheaper option plz gimme options in osian,khuri,sam (preferably less touristy,safe nd reasonable)

7. Re: Desert camping in jaisalmer / jodhpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 11:19
MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Desert camping in jaisalmer / jodhpur

hey hiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Best visit place is Jaisalmer......any time you will find something new. For desert tour can say jaisalmer best to visit. easy to reach and safe too...

Regards,

Uju

Mumbai

Mumbai
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Desert camping in jaisalmer / jodhpur

There are limited options for camps at Osian and they are pretty expensive... You may check-out Camp Thar and Safari Camp but prices would still be on the higher side.. As suggested above, you can get more reasonable desert camping at Jaisalmer..

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Desert camping in jaisalmer / jodhpur

one night in jodhpur here organized jeep safari in country side area and you will get experience of real village and it also know as bisnoi village safari .

in osian you will camp in our budget . safari camp

thanks nimbera