We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night stay at sand dunes with 1 year old kid

Which Jaisalmer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Night stay at sand dunes with 1 year old kid

Hi,

I am planing a trip to Jaisalmer in the month of december with my wife and 1 yr old kid. I wanted to know if its a good idea to spend night in sand dunes during chilly winters of december. I dont want to end up been foolish by booking a night in a tent with small kid. Please advice.

Vishal

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night stay at sand dunes with 1 year old kid

hey hiiiiiiiiiiiiii

If you book a bugt. Camp like ( K.K. , Mehar Adventure, Camp-E-Khas etc.) they will not provide a Heater in Camp but if go with 3star category swiss tent ( like Chowki dhani, RDS, Royal Desert Camp etc ) they provide heater in the Tent.

also provide enough Blanket, linners So stay in desert specially in swiss tent that will be great experiance.

You don't have to miss it. Do right Choice.

Enjoy ur stay in Jaisalmer.

Regards,

uju

Mumbai

Jaisalmer, India
Level Contributor
235 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night stay at sand dunes with 1 year old kid

hello

i don't think so this idea is good that you stay with 1 year baby in desert .

because in DEC. night is chilly and in desert we have different cold then other area of India so it is also not good and may be it disturb your travel also .

so try to avoid it

Enjoy ur stay in Jaisalmer.

Regards,

royale kolu

Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
31 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night stay at sand dunes with 1 year old kid

The beauty of the desert is have beautiful evening in the desert with camp fire, gypsy dance, same time relaxing sky with so many star and beautiful moon, but same time it cold at night and hot in day. Desert is almost adventurous, romantic, relaxing with culture.

because of 1 year kid I can suggest to have beautiful evening in the desert, with amazing sunset, cultural events and rajasthani dinner and come back to city in your hotel for relaxing stay. its only an hour far by car (45KM).

I wish to have great time in beautiful Jaisalmer.

Ashraf

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night stay at sand dunes with 1 year old kid

Do not listion to anyone . do what your heart want it . As you have not left your home ,pack acording the winter ., its not big deal , take one warm light blanket ,it will be handy for all ur trip and will help in desrt too .

I would not recomend to returend beck at night ,sleep in tent and come beck in morning after breakfst

dev

5. Re: Night stay at sand dunes with 1 year old kid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 03:58
MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night stay at sand dunes with 1 year old kid

hey hiiiiii

As per your plan to stay in Desert...Will be more experiance. But on other way you are with you family. So just see your comfortness and Luxury.

Beofre going to visit just listen ur heart and open ur eyes and mind..

Regards,

Uju

Mumbai

New Delhi, India
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Night stay at sand dunes with 1 year old kid

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

-Vishal

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Night stay at sand dunes with 1 year old kid

hey hiiiiiiii

ur welcome......Happy journey........

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
771 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Night stay at sand dunes with 1 year old kid

Hi,

do what you want as my friends suggest you,but with 1 year old baby,i donot think its good idea.

any way choose ur best,its my openion.

vijay gautam.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Night stay at sand dunes with 1 year old kid

Hey, what did you finally decide, I got similar plans with 16 months old kidsfi.

Did you find a desert camp with enough heating arrangements.