We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trains from Jaisalmer?

Santu Lussurgiu...
Level Contributor
42 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
trains from Jaisalmer?

hi, another question... how to go from Jaisalmer to Udaipur? trains? bus?

or, alternative?, going from Jaisalmer to Agra?

there are not direct trains, where to change? thank you

Angela

Mentioned in this post
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trains from Jaisalmer?

Jaisalmer is located in part of the Indian Corner and the Railway Line ends there and there are only two Express trains to Jaisalmer. One is Delhi to Jaisalmer and another is Jodhpur to Jaisalmer. So the only available option would be to take a Bus or hire a Car to Udaipur, other members may provide details on the buses part.

As for Agra is concerned I see direct trains from Jodhpur to Agra and its 11 hrs journey. Jaisalmer to Jodhpur is around 300 kms. Check www.erail.in for train information.

Mentioned in this post
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Agra
Agra
Agra District, India
Santu Lussurgiu...
Level Contributor
42 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trains from Jaisalmer?

thank you... is not easy to arrive in Jaisalmer. we are travelling in India 2 months and 1/2, so we have time, but surely a lot of it is used travelling, also because we rather use trains than flights (it is more interesting... and cheap!)

on cleartrip.com I have seen that there are 2 trains (are they daily?)between Jaisalmer and Jodhpur - so we could, coming back, stop there and after from there go to Udaipur by bus? someone knows how?

Mentioned in this post
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Jaisalmer, India
Level Contributor
235 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trains from Jaisalmer?

hello

we have 2 train for jodhpur morning 7 am and night 11 pm

also we have 2 train for bikaner morning and night daily . 1 train for delhi daily and 1 train for hawra in a week .

for you it will be more better that you move from jaisalmer to udaipur by bus ( every day 2 luxury bus fromjaisalmer to udaipur )

it start at 3 p.m. and arrive at 5 a.m. in udaipur . on hanuman cicuile 2 bus oprator HANUMAN BUS AND SWAGAT TRAVEL you can book with him direct arround 300 rs per person . and then you can move from udaipur to agra by train it start at 10;20 every evening and arrive at 11;00 in morning in agra

SO ENJOY YOUR HOLLYDAYS IN GOLDEN CITY .

ROYALE KOLU

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: trains from Jaisalmer?

hi will suggest you to do udaipur , jodhpur and jaisalmer by car and car will drop you at jodhpur and from jodhpur take train to agra .

If you visit jaipur also than i will suggest you take train from jodhpur to jaipur than from jaipur to agra .

thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trains from Jaisalmer?

I have recently returned from 6 weeks in India and Jaisalmer was one of the absolute highlights. We arrived in Jaisalmer by overnight train from Jaipur and stayed 4 days.

My choices to get from Jaisalmer to Udaipur were train back to Jodhpur and then bus or car to Udaipur or car from Jaisalmer to Udaipur.

We ended up taking a car from Jaisalmer to Udaipur via Jodhpur, Ranakpur and Kumbalgarh Fort. Cost us a bit, but gave us a full afternoon in Jodhpur to vist the fort which is a definite must do.

I think the choice from Jaisalmer to Jodhpur is one of convenience as there is not really anything between them, so a train is as good as any.

However, I strongly recommend a car from Jodhpur to Udaipur so that you can visit Ranakpur and Kumbalgarh Fort. The trip, including the two stops is quite a full day and I cant see any other way to do it comfortably.

Mentioned in this post
Jaipur
Jaipur
Jaipur District, India
Udaipur
Udaipur
Udaipur District, India
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
Santu Lussurgiu...
Level Contributor
42 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trains from Jaisalmer?

thank you every much to everyone: your answer really helped us to have a better idea about how to go there.

thank you again

ARW

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trains from Jaisalmer?

The best option is the by car from Jodhpur to udaipur with visit the two places.

if you want to save money then take bus to ranakpur ,visit the temple and take another bus for udaipur.

Have nice trip,

DEV

Mentioned in this post
Jodhpur
Jodhpur
Jodhpur District, India
8. Re: trains from Jaisalmer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 23:16