We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jaishalmer tour for 1 night n two days

Siliguri, West...
1 post
Save Topic
jaishalmer tour for 1 night n two days

I with my parents , 3 ppl total will reach jaishalmer at 11 am in january 15, 2012 and we have return tickets to jaipur on 16th january ,2012 at 5;15 pm. we wanna cover the important jaishalmer local sight seeing n also want to visit the sum sand dunes or khuri sand dunes to see the desert, camel ride, and want to see some rajasthani cultural programmes but we want to stay at jaishalmer at night.. my questions are:

1. which imp sight seeing we can cover in this two days in jaishalmer?

2. should we go to the sum desert in the 1st day instead of sight seeing jaishalmer?

3. which is less time consuming? camel or jeep safari? can we visit the gadisar lake , museum in one day?

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jaishalmer tour for 1 night n two days

HI,

Arrive at hotel and fresh and lunch ,do the safari this day , second day give jaisalmer ,start from fort and try to as much as you can .

As you have short time so better take a rickshaw to cover more .

DEV

Jaisalmer, India
Level Contributor
235 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jaishalmer tour for 1 night n two days

Hello

frist i would like to WEL_COME you in my town called Jaisalmer

you have very sort time to visit jaisalmer so it might be busy but you can cover all .

after train you need 1 hours to be fresh and go for lunch after lunch you can visit Patwan KI Haveli it is real nice palace to see a complex of havelis (Big House ). also nathmal haveli is next to that so easy do by walk .

then have a small break 15 mint. and start for desert to go you can use jeep (car is better ) then enjoy camel ride if you like too then see the dance programer and have a rajasthani dinner then move for Jaisalmer (40 km),

Next morning you can start with lake and then move for fotr it taking around 2 hours after you are free so go for shopping or lunch or what ever you want

any other help or info always feel free and

ENJOY YOUR DESERT TOUR

Royale kolu

pune
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jaishalmer tour for 1 night n two days

Hi Kolu,

can I go to the desert by myself in the hired car? and then do the desert safari by jeep or camel.will this cost less.

You said the distance to the desert is 40 km.When does the night safari start and end.

I have to return back to the hotel on the same night.

Please advice

Jaisalmer, India
Level Contributor
235 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jaishalmer tour for 1 night n two days

Hello Sanman

yes you can go by your self but when you arrive there it will be liitel hassale full all camel want to take you ..... extra -2

so i thing it is more good that you booked from your hotel .

major att. is camel ride (camel safari is on dunes jeep safari is on road )

the programme start at 4 pm with camel ride arround till sun set then camel take you to the camp where dance and camp fire begain with sun set most of camp serve dinner at 8;30 pm so you can start at 9 or 9;30 after you need 40 to 50 mint. to come back to the hotel

it depend on you what you want to do

any other info let me know

Royale Kolu

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jaishalmer tour for 1 night n two days

Hi,

Jaisalmer is not very big and you have enoghp time to cover all the point of city , mostly for fort 2/3hrs same time for out saide city for havelis and lake .

To avoid to hassal of sam sand dune ,is best to do the trip at nomber tourity sand dune ,and have longer camel ride .

Have nice trip,

Dev

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jaishalmer tour for 1 night n two days

please read non touristy ,sand dune for no hassal at all .

Dev

7. Re: jaishalmer tour for 1 night n two days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 06:15