We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rajasthan Road Trip

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Rajasthan Road Trip

Hello everyone,

i am planning a road trip of Rajasthan starting from Delhi in Sept 2013. Plans are Delhi > Jaipur > Jodhpur > Jaisalmer > Udaipur > ChittaurGarh > Ranthambore. I Have been on a road trip to these places but Jaisalmer.

I want to know the best Sand Dunes, Camel safari and Camps there. Also is there any alternate route from jaisalmer to Udaipur, other than via jodhpur and if there is one via Barmer, How will be the road condition. i want to save time, if road is better i can take 50-60 kms longer route.

Please help me choose the best driving route from Jaisalmer to Udaipur.

Best Regards

Nikhil

jaipur
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan
Level Contributor
648 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rajasthan Road Trip

DEAR

The best route to udaipur from jasailmer is through jodhpur -Pali-Ranakpur only . Generally in sept. there are no desert camps in jasailmer but you can do desert safari bu jeep or camel ride . Your best possible road route could be trhis = Dehli - Jaipur - ranthomber park will be closed for tourists till 30sept. - Ajmer - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Jodhpur (via kumbhalgarh , Ranakpur ) - Jasailmer - Bikaner - Mandawa in shekawati region - Dehli .

Jaisalmer, India
Level Contributor
235 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rajasthan Road Trip

Hello NIkhil

if you wish to start from delhi i will suggest you delhi MANDWA , Bikaner . Jaisalmer , Jodhpur , Ranakpur, Khubhalgarh Udaipur , Pushkar and Jaipur . or start from Jaipur finish from Mandwa . Desert camp is also open in this time so if you want to be sleep in tent it can be possible .

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rajasthan Road Trip

hey hiii

jaisalmer stay will be more enjoyable and also can spend night stay at Desert. 2 Option 1} Khuri n 2} is Sum Sand Dunes

In jaisalmer there are more good travel agent can arrange off route desert safari too..

From Jaisalmer to Udaipur Bus option is available. AC and Non-ac ( Seating and Sleeper too ) options are available. bust start 6:00pm and reach next day 6:00am

Regards,

uju

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rajasthan Road Trip

Dear Nikhil

If you are really interested to enjoy the best sand dunes stay the stay khimsar dunes. You will never forget that experience . For that you can drive from delhi- mandawa or bikaner then next stop will be khimsar village they have two place but go for khimsar dunes for two nights.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rajasthan Road Trip

Hi

Frist of inform you Ranthambhore National Park is closed till 30th September and You follow this itinerary

Delhi -Jaipur - Bikaner - Jaisalmer - Sum( Sand dunes) - Jodhpur - Ranakpur - Udaipur ( Same Day visit chitarugarh) and Back to Udaipur

Mumbai
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rajasthan Road Trip

i want to do del to jaisalmer and back.

do not want to visit the following as have already seen these places - jpr, udaipur, ajmer

i do want to see jaisalmer, rathambore, kumbhalgarh, ranakpur, etc enroute

pl suggest accordingly.

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rajasthan Road Trip

You travel by train from Delhi to Jaisalmer .

As you want to visit kumbhalgarh n rankpur so you take bus or train to jodhpur and from there better to take cab .you can choose to stay for night at ranakpur or at kubhalgarh.drive to udaipur and take train to delhi or ranthambor.

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rajasthan Road Trip

hello everyone

thanks for all the valuable suggestions.

i also added himachal in my road trip. will be starting in 16th next month.

will share my experience with you all.

thank you again

regards

New Delhi, Delhi...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Rajasthan Road Trip

hi,

what are the current condition of delhi to jaisalmer route is it ver good or very bad....

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
648 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rajasthan Road Trip

hey hiiiiiii

Del to Jaisalmer by train route will be good. So if you are planning to visit jaisalmer I will suggest by train will be suitable journey.

And also Condition of Indian railway is good.....better than road trip