We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaisalmer Desert Festival 2013 and crowds.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
370 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Jaisalmer Desert Festival 2013 and crowds.

I just read the previous post on it being worth it and did not want to take over his post so thought I'd start my own.

We are planning a trip mid Feb and know my husband would love to see this. I on the other hand have a difficult time with large crowds (especially when it's lots of tourist). My favorite things in travel is roaming small villages and socializing at a slower pace. I'm friendly and like being with people but something about big groups and the prospect of people pushing makes me uncomfortable.

Do you think I should give it a miss?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
370 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jaisalmer Desert Festival 2013 and crowds.

Just wanted to say that my first visit to India while in Varnasssi we came apon a small village festival and got out of the car. I really doubt there were other travlers and loved the whole experience of trying to socialize the locals. they wanted to share their blankets and food and seemed as through they were honored to have us there. The festival was great but the experience was majic.

2. Re: Jaisalmer Desert Festival 2013 and crowds.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:18