We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First travel in India need some help with itinerary!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
First travel in India need some help with itinerary!

So, I am planing my first trip to India next February. I will be visiting Mumbai, Delhi, Varanasi, Agra, Jaipur and Jaisalmer.

I have time for only an overnight stay at Jaisalmer. My train arrives at 11:15 and I leave next day at 17:15. Is this enough to see the city? Or is it better to spend one more night in Varanasi (I will be there for two and a half days)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

India
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: First travel in India need some help with itinerary!

If you really wish to see desert it will ok ,

Day1 - arrival jaisalmer at 11:15AM n visit jaisalmer n drive to desert 45mins drive enjoy sunset n camel ride.Morning drive to jaisalmer visit half dau train to delhi.

Another good option I will suggest you jodhpur n desert night at Osian. From jaipur take train to jodhpur ( depart 17:10 n arrive jodhpur at 23:30 ) overnight at jodhpur.

Next day half day sightseeing of jodhpur n drive to osian spend night with gemar singh (Harca) n next day drive back to jodhpur sightseeing n train to delhi .

Thanks nimbera

Agra, India
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First travel in India need some help with itinerary!

Hi-

This much time is enough to visit Jaisalmer.

Arun

New Delhi
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First travel in India need some help with itinerary!

Hi

I think you arriving at Mumbai then start from jaisalmer to Jaipur to Agra to over night train for Varanasi and back to Delhi by train or flight.

in this way you can hold some extra time. its depend on you where you like to spend more time.

thanks and regards

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First travel in India need some help with itinerary!

The time is eoungh to visit the Jaisalmer, on the first day you can visit some places in Jaisalmer and then go to Desert, On the next day you can visit rest of the places and then take the train

Jaisalmer, India
Level Contributor
235 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First travel in India need some help with itinerary!

Hello

i am not agree with others . for few hours i don't think so it worth . 1 more dan in Varanasi will be better option

Royal Kolu

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First travel in India need some help with itinerary!

In your itinerary only Jaisalmer is seem out of the way. Jaipur, Agra & Delhi comes into the best golden triangle and than you extend Varanasi from delhi. if you keep only this you will enjoy time in better way otherwise to travel only for Jaisalmer kill lot time in journey. If you do Jaisalmer than you should not leave Jodhpur and BIkaner. It seem confused with Golden triangle with complete Rajasthan it includes (Delhi Agra, Jaipur+ Jodhpur, Bikaner, Udaipur & Jaisalmer) or you plan Golden triangle (Agra, jaipur, Delhi) + Varanasi.

Jaisalmer, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First travel in India need some help with itinerary!

Dear Guest

First of all for your kind information in jaisalmer there is a desert festival from 12th Feb to 15th Feb 2014, and you are lucky that you are coming on this time ,i dont know what date you are planning to jaisalmer but definitely if you can manage on 12th feb to come jaisalmer it will be great to watch first music band on camels back and i will suggest you ,jaisalmer is a place which at least need 2 nights one night on the dunes to feel the silence of Thar desert and one night to visit most photogenic town call jaisalmer .

Thank you

The Gulaal

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First travel in India need some help with itinerary!

The time is sufficient for the tour of Jaisalmer

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,451 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First travel in India need some help with itinerary!

Although One & half day is enough time to visit Jaisalmer yet I am not fully convened with your itinerary. The places you choose are very far and need extra time to connect each other. Suppose Delhi - Jaisalmer train delayed by 04 -06 hours , means you lose the day and lose 03 days without seeing anything.

In my view your itinerary should be :

Mumbai- 02 nights > Udaipur -02 nights> Jaipur-02 nights > Agra- 01 night > Varanasi - 02 nights> Delhi -02 nights

Mumbai to Udaipur by flight , later till Agra you can use car / train , Agra - Varanasi - Overnight train , Varanasi -Delhi flight or overnight train.

Hari Mangal

Jaisalmer, India
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First travel in India need some help with itinerary!

Hi.

Its too short time for jaisalmer , you have to be fast to cover the city points,

I would say give more time to jaisalmer .