We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaisalmer: are 24 hours enough?

Bologna, Italy
Level Contributor
422 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Jaisalmer: are 24 hours enough?

Ok, I know, it would be better staying much longer...

But if it is not possible ...

We are only interested in the fort (of course with jain temple) and in a couple of haveli.

Not interested in sand dunes (for good personal reasons).

We could arrive in Jaisalmer at 1 PM of one day (starting from Jodhpur at 8 AM) and leave at 1PM the following day.

I know: very short time of visit, as in January the daylight time is scarce.

I know: zero time to relax.

But just in case: is fort + a couple of haveli doable in a 24 hours staying?

Thanks

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
375 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jaisalmer: are 24 hours enough?

Yes, very much so. You will have plenty of time to explore the fort and havelis. The only thing that you need to be careful is about the routing. I would to first see the havelis as they close by 6 pm or so. You can do Jain temples early in the morning followed by palace in fort. Rest of the fort can be done late in the evening on day 1.

Enjoy the trip

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
672 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jaisalmer: are 24 hours enough?

Ya surely you can cover pretty much of Jaisalmer in 24 hour. You can even cover desert if you want by staying at a camp.

Morning: City Tour, Visit to Sonargarh , Patwa Haveli, Jalam Singh Haveli, Gadisar Lake.

Afternoon, head for Sand dunes, Visit Amar Sagar Lake on the way

Evening Check into Tents, Camel Ride, Dinner and stay.

Morning Departure

3. Re: Jaisalmer: are 24 hours enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 13:54
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jaisalmer: are 24 hours enough?

Yes you can easily cover the Jaisalmer city in 24 hours.

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jaisalmer: are 24 hours enough?

Jaisalmer attractions

1-In side fort--

* Maharaja palace, Opening hours in summer and winter 9am to 5pm

* The Jain temples - Indians 8am to 1pm, foreigners 11am to 1pm

* Laxminath temple

2-Outside fort-

* Patwa Haveli – Opening time 8am to 5pm,Museum opening times 9am to 6pm

* Salam Singh Ki Haveli, Opening times in summer 8am to 6pm

* Nathmal Haveli, Opening times in summer 8am to 6pm

* Gadisagar Lake (boating can be done here)

* Mandir Palace museum, Opening time 8am to 6pm

* Folklore Museum, near the lake, Opening hours 8am to 6pm

*. Desert Culture Museum, Opening in the evening

* Thar Heritage Museum near Gandhi chock, Opening hours 9am to 9 pm

3-Outside city

* Bada Bagh (maharaja cenotaphs)

*. Amar Sagar (Jain temple)

*. Lodurva (Jain temples)

* Kuldhara (Mt village)

* Sam and Khuri dunes. (Camel ride, spend night or sunset)

Have happy holidays,

Devilal

Jaisalmer, India
Level Contributor
235 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jaisalmer: are 24 hours enough?

Hello

you have such sort time . you are interested only in town so you can visit all easily . if you stay 24 hours . arrival at 1 go and check inn hotel . after lunch at 3 p.m start with Patwaon-Ki-Haveli you need 1 hours to visit then move for Gadisar Lake for visiting and sunset . back to the town have dinner and go for bad . next day morning start with Golden fort . Jaisalmer Fortress with Jain Temples you need 2 hours ti visit and then you have additional time visit Nathmal Ji Ki Haveli

Salim Singh-ki Haveli and Tazia Tower

or back to the bus .

Enjoy you Travel in Magical Town Jaisalmer

Royal Kolu

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
101 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jaisalmer: are 24 hours enough?

While do-able in 24 hours, I personally would question if it is worth it. I dont know what your total trip time is, but getting to Jaisalmer from Jodhpur and back is a lot of driving for just 24 hours. I know everyone says it is a must see, but if your trip is short, I would think hard and consider Jaipur-Jodhpur-Ranakpur-Udaipur instead.

I just recently did a 8 day trip in Rasanthan, covering Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Ranakpur (in transit) and Udaipur and I felt it was tight with Jaisalmer.

More details on my trip can be found here: www.mangopancakes.com. Check out the posts on Jaisalmer, The Thar Desert, Jodhpur, the drive from Jodhpur to Udaipur, and Udaipur.

Jaisalmer, India
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Jaisalmer: are 24 hours enough?

Its tooooooo short ...

Its kind if hi... Hello..bye..

9. Re: Jaisalmer: are 24 hours enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:18