We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaisalmer Visit on august 15-20

Which Jaisalmer hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ghaziabad, Uttar...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Jaisalmer Visit on august 15-20

Hello All

I am planning a trip to Jaisalmer on coming August 15 long weekend, from New Delhi

How is the weather going to be? Is it fine to travel in morning and evenings, as we are having 1 year old son for whom we are concerned.

We plan to stay in Jaisalmer for two days till August 18 and spend 1 day in Jodhpur i.e. August 19.

I am keeping fingers crossed that Dust weather would be settlled by then as we expect monsoon to visit us this week.

Thanks

Varun

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jaisalmer Visit on august 15-20

Hi Varun ,

Wleome to Jaisalmer Forum Jaisalmer

by monsoon is bit comfortable than now . But as you know that this is not a best time. I always consider my suitable time to travel and don'tmond to be at any place during the monsoon. I only avoid dangerous places .

Jaisalmer fort and Palace are good in morning hours. you shall start visiting Jain temple you before fort on first morning .

the best time I ever had to walk through this living Fort with sunrise, which may not be possible for you

Next mornings probably Gadisar lake and Havelis's

Late afternoons for san sand dunes , Cameleide sunset ..or dinner at sand dunes

Chattaris of nada bagh and vyas cHatri for next afternoon a dinner near fort restaurants is also special for Jaisalmer nite.

There are many other sites close to Jaisalmer - Ludtawa, Tanot Mata, Kuldhara village etc.

Jidhpur is gateway of that deserts and it is a culture capitalof Rajasthan, A living Heritage and Mehrangarh fort is magical , it is really well organised museum, You may use elevator to go up..

Wish you Great Holiday in Marwar region.. Destination Expert of Jaisalmer is Digital Jaisaer and certainly share more information being a local resident of deserts city.

Edited: 01 July 2014, 14:33
Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jaisalmer Visit on august 15-20

Do not expect too much from the weather. The monsoon in Jaisalmer are okay and nothing that can hamper your trip. Make sure you visit early morning. For more info on travelling to Jaisalmer refer to this post:

…blogspot.in/2013/04/what-to-see-when-you-ar…

Ghaziabad, Uttar...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jaisalmer Visit on august 15-20

Thanks a lot for such quick response....Appreciate your advices!!!

Tickets are booked and confirmed hoping for a great trip

Anand, India
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jaisalmer Visit on august 15-20

i m reaching Jaisalmer on 16-Aug 1:30 by train. I want to cover desert safari on first day. night at hotel in city. I am traveling with my family (4 adult + 1 child of 11 years)

17-Aug: full day s/s in Jaisalmer. night train to Jodhpur at 23:30 PM.

18-Aug: arrival at Jodhpur at 5:20 AM. need room for freshnup and breakfast. full day sight seen in Jodhpur. evening train at 23:16 PM to back.

any suggestion?

is it good time to visit?

local hotel in Jaisalmer? Moomal is good?

Any suggestion for desert safari booking?

any suggestion in itinerary?

Is it required to drop Jodhpur?

List of s/s of jaisalmer?

is it required to hire a cab for complete s/s in jaisalmer? Cost for a day with complete s/s?

is it required to hire a cab for complete s/s in Jodhpur? cost for a day with complete s/s?

5. Re: Jaisalmer Visit on august 15-20

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 12:35
6. Re: Jaisalmer Visit on august 15-20

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:35
jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jaisalmer Visit on august 15-20

You start early in morning time and come beck hotel room before gets hot..

The mostly walking in shadow of buildings in the fort or out side can help you in heat a bit .

At evening you can visit lake ,city view or Barabag cenotaphs and sunset is commanded at barabag.

Just wish before your visit we get some rain ......hope ....hope....hope..

DEV"

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jaisalmer Visit on august 15-20

Jaisalmer attractions

1-In side fort--

* Maharaja palace, Opening hours in summer and winter 9am to 5pm

* The Jain temples - Indians 8am to 1pm, foreigners 11am to 1pm

* Laxminath temple

2-Outside fort-

* Patwa Haveli – Opening time 8am to 5pm,Museum opening times 9am to 6pm

* Salam Singh Ki Haveli, Opening times in summer 8am to 6pm

* Nathmal Haveli, Opening times in summer 8am to 6pm

* Gadisagar Lake (boating can be done here)

* Mandir Palace museum, Opening time 8am to 6pm

* Folklore Museum, near the lake, Opening hours 8am to 6pm

*. Desert Culture Museum, Opening in the evening

* Thar Heritage Museum near Gandhi chock, Opening hours 9am to 9 pm

3-Outside city

* Bada Bagh (maharaja cenotaphs)

*. Amar Sagar (Jain temple)

*. Lodurva (Jain temples)

* Kuldhara (Mt village)

* Sam and Khuri dunes. (Camel ride, spend night or sunset)

Have happy holidays,

Dev

Anand, India
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jaisalmer Visit on august 15-20

thanks digital jaisalmer.

on the day of arrival i would like to go for desert safari and back to hotel in jaisalmer. and second day full day s/s of jaisalmer. can it be possible?

How much desert safari will cost?

any budget accommodation in jaisalmer. need facility of late checkout as i have train at 10.30 PM.

10. Re: Jaisalmer Visit on august 15-20

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 12:12