We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk around Jodhpur Blue City

Which Jodhpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Walk around Jodhpur Blue City

A friend and I have a full day in Jodhpur. We plan to visit the fort in the morning, and then would like to talk a walk around the blue city.

Does anyone have suggestions for what route/streets is the best from the Fort? We could take the main path down from the fort toward the clock tower, or I have seen that people have gone out the back where the gardens are into the Brahmpur area.

I am a photographer and would like a scenic but relatively easy to navigate, and safe. I don't mind getting lost a bit, just so I can find my way out.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,039 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk around Jodhpur Blue City

I would suggest to hire an auto rickshaw, if possible, chose an energetic driver, who will act as your guide. You will get to see the ins and outs of Jodhpur. Not only that, you can stop for the photography, wherever you like, no matter how narrow the lane is.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk around Jodhpur Blue City

Garden ends in fort only. you need to come out from fort up to the car parking area. you will find toilates in right hand side.. from there you can walkdown to the old city up to Clock Tower. (15 minuts walk)

you can take a Auto-rikshwa if you thinks any moment that you are lost in old city.

Jaipur, Rajasthan
Level Contributor
264 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk around Jodhpur Blue City

You must visit Cenotaphs near Mandore Garden. They are in ruins and make out as a very good picture. Also visit old city such as Sojati Gate etc to get the feel of market and people.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk around Jodhpur Blue City

Madore Garden and fort complex is a nice place but monkeys/Langurs are a menace there. I hope something has been done to contain them,

San Luis Obispo...
Level Contributor
32 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk around Jodhpur Blue City

This is all great advise. I think we may spring for an auto rickshaw for the day. Just seems like a good idea.

Are the monkey's aggressive at the fort? Might want to spring for a Rabies shot before I leave! :)

Udaipur
Level Contributor
387 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk around Jodhpur Blue City

Prevention is always better

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Walk around Jodhpur Blue City

One can walk out of fort from Another Gate(Not one where tickets are sold).

Another gate FATEH Pole open in to old blue city Navchokia-Brahampuri-Juni mandi-Sarafa bazar(silver jewelery market) and further to clock tower.

Best to hire a guide for an insider jodhpur walk.

>very good suggestions' Cenotaphs near Mandore Garden' these Cenotaphs are quite hidden one can not see from garden needs to walk all the way up towards water-pond NAGADARI to find it.

cheers.

Guidedesert.

8. Re: Walk around Jodhpur Blue City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 05:17