We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to utilize two days in Jodhpur?

Which Jodhpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ahmedabad, India
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to utilize two days in Jodhpur?

I have planned to visit Jodhpur in December. (2 dyas - 19-20)

Please opine

1)have booked hotel shree ram international. Is it ok or should I change?

2)Planning for one day local sightseeing. One day is enough? Is it advisable to hire local cab? Wts charge of cab for a day?

3)Planning to visit Bishnoi villages on 2nd day. Should I hire a cab or go through agents?

Thanks in advance

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to utilize two days in Jodhpur?

hi

if you want to hire a car with driver to click this link and book to car for sightseeing in jodhpur.

holidayiq.com/Jodhpur-taxibooking-390.html

thanks

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,560 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to utilize two days in Jodhpur?

For Jodhpur, one day is enough for sight seeing. After break fast go t Umaid Bhawan, opens at 9.30 a.m. then visit Mehrangrh Fort. On the way back you can visit Jaswant Thada. You should be finished all the points by 2 p.m. Have your lunch at ' On the Rock'.

I will recommend Ratan Vilas for staying. I hadbeen there in October, it is superb in all aspect and value for money too.

You should hire a cab for Bishnoi,you may take that from www.crowntours.com

I have used them in multiple occasion, they are reliable and competent.

Edited: 27 November 2010, 07:35
Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to utilize two days in Jodhpur?

You do not need a taxi to visit the old cit which is more of a walking experience. I would suggest you take a drop by auto to the Clock Tower and walk the old city & up to the fort and back. You will need a taxi only if you do the trip to the Bishnoi villages which you can just hire through your hotel.

Jaipur, India
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to utilize two days in Jodhpur?

Dear friend if u have 2 fully days then do see osian village 60 km from jodhpur as there are very nice jain temples and also a great place for a village safari on camel but keep one full day for jodhpur visit and walking around the old blue city of jodhpur

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to utilize two days in Jodhpur?

Jeep will fit better for the Bishnoi village excursion out of Jodhpur.

Cheers.

GuideDesert

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: How to utilize two days in Jodhpur?

Hi vrv2012, how was your experience in Jodhpur, please share with us. I am planning to have trip at Jodhpur on 31march-3Apr and have booked room in Hotel Marvel Umed. Other well wisher can also guide us for same.

Jodhpur, India
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How to utilize two days in Jodhpur?

its an heritage property, if your not going to jaislamer than i will suggest you as

DAy01 :Half day jodhpur sightseen fort , and jaswant thada ,in evening you do village safari

day02 : Half day sightseen of umaid bhawan palace and after lunch you drive to osian there you hav. camel ride and dinner sightseen of jain temple

day 03 depart .

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to utilize two days in Jodhpur?

Hi DhruvKapoor,

Sec. #3,

D1:

a) start at the Clock Tower and walk the old city & up to the fort (20min).

b) From the Fort to Jaswant Thada by foot just 15min.

c) Along the road, at the 1st downhill step path, walk back to Clock Tower. Total time is 15 min.

Personally, Umaid Bhawan Palace is not worth to visit.

D2: BY bus to Osian, after that back to Jodhpur and stop at Mandore. The Garden is free and nice.

Madrid
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to utilize two days in Jodhpur?

If you have the time I highly reccomend you go to Maharani Art and Textiles for shopping. They have excellent shawls, textiles, antiques and the family that run the stores are honest and fair.

A must for any dicerning shopper looking fr the best quality

sydney
Level Contributor
385 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to utilize two days in Jodhpur?

mantra 777

Four posts, all on the same day and 3 of them praising Maharani Art and textiles. Now that may well be a wonderful place to shop, but one does have to wonder if you have a vested interest. Hmmm?